GT Zaskar frame - genuine?

Black Zaskar

I have a black zaskar, same frame etc

it has a serial number very close to your number however the frame is cracked around the head tube, not something that can be easily fixed. I emailed downhillsheep via the 'bay, what sort of value are you looking for it ?

I have put a reserve on of £50. so I wouldn't something near that amount. I also have some Zaskar decals (purple & yellow and black & white ) also up for sale. I'm still not 100% convinced that it is a Zaskar, but if I sell it as a "could be a Pantera or Avalanche" then I'll be happy. And if someone recognises it as a Zaskar then I'm sure they'll be happy, unless they really wanted a Pantera or Avalanche!

how bad is the crack i,ve had a zaskar frame repaired it was cracked on the down tube gussett and at the seat tube top tube joint a few months ago if it was going to crack again it would have by now for all the abuse it has had

Zaskars are pretty tough little frames. I got hit by a car on mine, enough force to crack my ribs and bend a crank arm round beneath the bottom bracket but when the frame was stripped and placed on an alignment table, it was straight as an arrow.

Assuming that the frame is a US made Zaskar, £50 is a steal.

as russell says zaskars are bomb proof
i ..er jumped one of mine off a bus stop some years ago (dont ask) its still going today.
a mate of mine used to be able to tell by the length of the butting
in the top and down tubes "do the ping test " most zaskars are tripple
butted.
but sreial nos are the way to go.

Still not sold

If the bay does not do the business for you, PM me thro this site and we can come to a deal I am sure.

colin

What a waste of time.....lousy £16.00 for a Zaskar Frame......thank God for Reserve Pricing. You'd think with all the hassle I've had with this frame, that I#d be able to get more than £16 for it. Anyone here want to buy it, before I relist it again!!!

Zaskar

I have had my frame checked out by a friendly welder and I am going to get mine welded.

A polished frame on the bay is currently going for £30 with 4 days left so you could spend £5 on paint stripper and a bit of polish and maximise your potential profit on the frame. Last polished one went for £85.

Back