Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15th

• Don't mind

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
velomaniac":n6jy72se said:
SS around Glentress will be tough, its seriously hillier than Carron valley, I know I've ss'd the course several times. A lot of the climb has you walking unless knee popping bravado is your thing !

I will be using gears this time, the lower the better. You can still wear the bag if your happier :LOL:

Been to Glentress many times myself and am somewhat worried about the lack of gears but the Massi is now in bits, soon to be for sale. I am thinking about going to 1x8 on the Inbred but am uncertain if it'll work without throwing the chain and myself to the ground! :LOL:

The bag will surely be a prerequisite for all of the western contingent if we're going to be out with you eastern types ken! ;) :LOL:

Awaycaboose, heres a thought, split a cassette if you can, file the retaining pins at either end off and build a custom five speed in the centre of the freehub with spacesr to either side. You'll have the gears you really need with less danger of the chain being too far out of alighnment. Get hold of some longer rear mech adjuster screws from a hardware store, I think the threading is pretty standard. Adjust the mech over the narrower spread of gears and even fit a thumbshifter, now thats retro !

Alternatively buy a cheap screw on freewheel rear atb wheel and a freewheel plus old/cheap mech. Old school, cheap and works :cool: :)

My money no object plan would be to fit a Shimano Alfine 8 spd hub gear that would work perfectly with a on-one inbred. Genesis and several other firms are now using this idea to get mud friendly mtb's onto the trail.

Cheers

Hmmm...chapeau velo! That's some nifty lateral thinking you've got going there! Customising the cassette could well be the way to go, the one which I have comes apart easy as it has bolts holding the main cluster together.

You my man are a bicycle genius :D

Velo - You know the Canny Mans very well - It was my old local from my wee flat in Morningside all those years ago ;-)

And we didn't even get barred for you being too tall and hitting the decoration on the ceiing ;-)

If only I had the time & money to get a flight up for the weekend in question.....

(Wife, baby & dog means that both time & money are in very short supply)

How did the move go??

Cheers M.

Magnus this site is for retro bike stuff not taking the mickey out of me although others who actually ride their bikes use it for that purpose as well !

I'll send you my new phone number and address via normal email,

cheers

velomaniac":1vioamg5 said:
Magnus this site is for retro bike stuff not taking the mickey out of me although others who actually ride their bikes use it for that purpose as well !

I'll send you my new phone number and address via normal email,

cheers

:LOL:

clockworkgazz":2iyjudd7 said:
I have a bike rack that can take 3 bikes :roll: and I'm sure one bike can go in my boot (like the idea of it being mine ha ha) So we should be ok, everyone will have to go for a dump before we go or else the old girl will prob. not make it up the hills :LOL:

Gazz if the 4 of us are still going I'll take my car too :D

This week sometime I think- I now have aquired all the goodies to complete build, if it wasn't for the fact that M doen't actually know I am planning a new bike build :roll: It would prob be ready within the next 2 weeks. I still need to smuggle it home under my jumper :LOL:

How's the KHS and brake situation coming along?

Back