what budget lights do you use??

MAXTHEROTTI

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
as title at the mo i only have a flashing led front light (i only do 1 mile on the road to and from work :( )
and i feel some more illuminating lights are in order but i dont want to spend £250 on the hope set up as nice as it is
so my question is can any one recommend a front light only for upto £40 ish that would be good enough to use in the middle of no where for nice late evening rides?

thanks chaps
rob

I have a nice little BLT I got for £30 (down from £50) from Wiggle.

Runs off 3x AAA batteries.

I was completely outgunned at Mountain Mayhem, but it does stand up to my local track for offroading.

Its not amazing, but for the money I cant complain ;)

I use two Cateye EL320's about £24 each not too bad for off road as long as you're not hammering along at 25 mph

richie-t":19vxxk11 said:
Pickle":19vxxk11 said:
I was completely outgunned at Mountain Mayhem...

haha :)

i bet they all had sunglasses on!

I tell you, it was another fecking world with some of the lights there! :shock: But, your talking £300 + :roll:

There were points where I actually turned my light off and used the guys behind and in front of me :LOL:

I use 2 LED torches(2X 160) lumens best bang for your buck at the moment. At the moment I'm putting together another set with a higher output(2X230 Lumens) :D.

Theres a simple set up in a post in off topic with a tesco light, good VFM and upgradeable(i.e. buy another :D )

erm... having problems posting here :?
Sorted now, was running in numpty mode for a bit :roll:

I use a Night Sun Team Issue 10W and 32W dual beam front light. The 10W setting is fine for all except race pace downhills, when I use the 32W full beam. This can cause car drivers to dip their headlights if you use it on the road. On 10, I get about 3 1/2 to 4 hours out of a battery charge, and just under an hour if I run it on full beam solidly.

OK, it cost me £200, but I've been using it for 14 years so far with only 1 bulb change, so I reckon that's about £15 per year which is OK by my budget.

Back