The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Re: Phono stage wanted

phill77":1vrzd6cb said:
Any suggestions for a cheap phono stage for my old moving magnet turntable?

I have a mint Cambridge Audio 651P that I'm not using, make me an offer?

Re: The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales B&W 603 S2

Is there anyone here able to advise on repair, or repair my Marrantz 66KI amp?

Well, I have two, I think the main cap blew in the first one, smell of smoke and no power. So bought a 2nd which developed a buzz in the right channel only (independent of selected source). I assume dry joint or something about to go pop?

Was hoping to make 1 good amp from the 2, but my electric skills are poor.

Apache is good at this stuff - he's on bookface mostly these days but does a good job of repairing things including knocking up a decent turntable from scratch.

I'm looking to upgrade my highly ordinary turntable into a nicer retro unit, and while there are tons of options on various sales sites it's all just a bit overwhelming. Are there any particular models I should keep an eye out for?

For example, currently available locally are a Thorens 166 mk 2 and a Rega Planar 2 (the version with the green logo), how do they stack up against each other?

Planar 2 did me proud, simple to set up and lots of nice little upgrades can be carried out if one desires.
Sold it after a few years for more than I paid (the norm these days) - and bought myself another Rega (RP6).

Cyrus cls70 or kef q100 for small space?

Have kef, seen Cyrus.

Re: 90's separates

As part of my on-going clear out is there any interest out there for an Arcam Alpha CD player with remote, Sugden A21a with phono stage or Yamaha A-S500 amp also with remote. All are black and in very good condition. The amps are heavy so shipping may be steep but central or southern Scotland would be ok to meet up. CD £35, Yamaha £90 and Sugden £400. I'll put pictures up if any interest.

Re: 90's separates

logdaddy":5z5h9yjj said:
As part of my on-going clear out is there any interest out there for an Arcam Alpha CD player with remote, Sugden A21a with phono stage or Yamaha A-S500 amp also with remote. All are black and in very good condition. The amps are heavy so shipping may be steep but central or southern Scotland would be ok to meet up. CD £35, Yamaha £90 and Sugden £400. I'll put pictures up if any interest.

Interested in the Arcam CD - what version is it?

Back