Office 2003 Pro- where to buy?

pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I know people will say 'get open office' or similar but I have to have this on at least one machine...I need to get hold of a copy of office 2003 for my tablet, but where is the best place to get it (read cheapest). I currently have a trial version of 2007 on it but I hate the ribbon thing and the fact that i can't easily do half the things I used to in excel which is the main thing I use at a very high level.

So any software experts out there, or has anyone got a copy that they ant to get rid of?

Cheers,

Pete

pete_mcc":3fk5z93n said:
... currently have a trial version of 2007 on it but I hate the ribbon thing and the fact that i can't easily do half the things I used to in excel which is the main thing I use at a very high level....

You soon get used to it and it becomes so much easier. Though to be honest I've not use VBA that much in 2007. It was easier to program the VBA code, though not always as compatible moving back to Office 2003 or earlier iirc, or maybe 300/2007 where.. Anyways not much help.
But you'll not get Office 2003 even standard legally for very cheap, unless someone has a spare key they no longer use and can give you.

Yup, you're probably not gonna get 2003 cheap and through legal channels I'm afraid. I've definately got 2007 Enterprise which I'm happy to send you a copy of but not sure if you'll want it. It does get very easy to use and is very intuitive once you're used to the ribbon. I did have 2003 somewhere but not sure if I still do so I'll have a wee look once I get home tonight.

Cheers guys.

The key problems I am having is things like the draw functionality is almost the same although I can't find that nice little arrow that lets you select multiple objects etc, in 2007 you have to use ctl and click on them individually. But there seem to be loads of these little differences that make it easier for casual users but a nightmare for professional users.

I like 2007 in word, ppt etc, jst not excel where I have used it for so many years and customised it so much that it's all a bit much at the moment.

How would the OEM 2003 ones that pop up on amazon work? Are they 'legalish?'

Find someone who works for the NHS.

Under the Microsoft enterprise agreemnet NHS qualify for massive discounts - I bought my copy of Office Pro for £17 delivered!

letmetalktomark":1m53mi2g said:
Find someone who works for the NHS.

Under the Microsoft enterprise agreemnet NHS qualify for massive discounts - I bought my copy of Office Pro for £17 delivered!

Ah, now I work as a consultant for the pharmaceutical industry so I should be able to find an NHS type person now shouldn't I!

Or find someone at school/college, ask them nicely if you can use their name and go to software4students.something, huuuuuuge discounts!

Yep the NHS deal is a good one, but if youre working in a large pharma or life sciences co they will probably have a similar deal , or indeed if you're working for a consultancy.

"TORRENT"

Learn about it.

If you don't mind the Dark Side...

...it will open many doors for you, if you know what I mean ;)

Thanks everyone, loads of top tips but it looks like one star member has sorted me out - cheers awaycaboose!!

Back