1997 Saracen Kili

Looks like a fantastic bike for actually riding rather than looking at. Smart job :)

Only thing I could think of changing would be the rather large stack height on the steerer/stem. Still if that is your natural riding position then that's groovy eh? :cool:

Why the hell did Saracen stop making bikes like this? I have one from 1990 when everything was oversized. Heavy but rides well. I kike this one, may have to keep an eye out for one.

Thank you all for your comments.

I emailed Saracen bikes UK (who were very helpful Thanks Mike) who confirmed that these frames were made and hand finished in Warwickshire.

When unbuilt the frame weighed next to nothing. This build is a little heavier than I would like - but I will work on this over time.

Completley different bike to Saracens from early to mid nineties and to what they make now :shock:

Build more like this Saracen!

M

cornholio's RC200":1bv0ojh1 said:
Only thing I could think of changing would be the rather large stack height on the steerer/stem. Still if that is your natural riding position then that's groovy eh? :cool:

Only finished the bike last Sunday so have only ridden it a few times - once I get comfortable and play with the stem height I will re cut.

Now in winter dress :cool: (well IMHO :LOL: )

Also now has cool a$$ Ti Flite courtesy of HB

P1010038.jpg

Thank you for your kid words. :oops:

Now set for a bit of mud plugging ;)

Would really recommend the frame as a base for any build - well chuffed - shame Saracen don't build like this anymore.

But heyho!

:LOL: :LOL:

Back