An early heads up for the Real Ale Wobble Nov 15/16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
you were probably 36:12 by that point (the only gear not skipping!) ;) :LOL:

34:16 which I will be running might not be such fun....but if there are others then I shall do it :D

What's it cost?

Just printed off the entry form,there's no mention of cost.Obviously i need to send a cheque,does anybody know how much for? If not i'll e-mail GreenEvents to find out.
Ta

orange71":1p7euebw said:

34:16 which I will be running might not be such fun....but if there are others then I shall do it :D

I think you're right about my gearing last year but I'd have thought 32:16 would be right - 34:16 sounds a bit stiff with some of those long fireroad climbs. Still, will make a man of you :twisted:

Grannygrinder":1p7euebw said:
Just printed off the entry form,there's no mention of cost.Obviously i need to send a cheque,does anybody know how much for? If not i'll e-mail GreenEvents to find out.
Ta

Definitely £16 for Saturday, I think £25 for both days.

I think I might buy on day as for some reason last year the prebooked queue was huge :shock:

Just been looking at last years pics .... Was this actually part of the course!?!? :shock: :shock:

Attachments

• Real_Ale_Wobble_2007_032__Small_.jpg
    Real_Ale_Wobble_2007_032__Small_.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 764
  • Real_Ale_Wobble_2007_034__Small_.jpg
    Real_Ale_Wobble_2007_034__Small_.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 764
haha - no - Mike just decided he needed to clean his bike... :shock: just near the end of the route there's a place where we dunk the bikes to give them a clean, but you don't have to go all the way in :shock:

orange71":390fsijd said:

Think ill be going 32:16 (Its what i have lying around) so will be free wheeling the last bit.

Alternatively if it is a 7 mile down hill i may stop at the top and change to 44:16.

Anyways at least if im going slowly it wont hurt as much if (when) i crash.

Also going to register on the day

What is the route actually consist of? fire road ? single track? I was quite happy to go and be supprised but theres now a possabillity my sisters housmates are wanting to come along and they have 700c wheeled street bikes that they use for darting around London on. Fitness wise shouldnt be a trouble for them, just not sure they will want to be going the course on a slicked out machine.

(Also going to buy on the day)

Ive just been buying up duvet's to line the inside of my tent with too :)

Also going to register on the day

We are planning to do this too, they do say you can on the Friday evening/night? Might try that if we get there in time.

I think it says somewhere that they have sorted the registration issue from last year (basically the queue for pre-registered riders was ten times the length of the register on the day riders which naturally was a bit frustrating) so I've posted the cheque and we will see.

The course is pretty varied with fireroad, singletrack, open moorland and some quiet country roads. I don't reckon 700c wheeled city bikes would hack it (I don't even recall any cross bikes last year although I suspect there were some) although I guess the only way is to try. A change of tyre to something knobbly would be essential though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back