Shimano ST-A050 — what is that?

Cuervo Blanco

Retro Newbie
Recently I got such a shifter with the marking ST-A050. It looks cool and works fine. Nowhere can I find information about this model. What group Shimano, what year of release - Google can not find anything. I write here in the hope that someone has information about this model.
P.S. And forgive me for my awful english.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Re:

I think you'll find it's a flat-bar road lever/shifter combo. It may say the bar clamp size on it?
Should be 3x7 speed shifting, so more for touring/trekking/hybrid use I guess.
I'm not sure what level it is, but probably lower end of the Shimano groupset range, think of Claris sort of level.

If you search Google there's a few hits for ones for sale/sold on ebay.

Eg... https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dual-control-s ... amp;_rdt=1

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
100GS is the same as Tourney. I don`t understand. You want to say that the shifter from 100GS was screwed to the body from Deore LX?

Re:

Essentially the same shifter unit was used, yes, the differences were in the materials used for the brake levers, as the shifter unit just bolts onto the lever assembly.

Back