1981 Raleigh Record Ace - £185

Oldaircool

Devout Dirtbag
1981 Raleigh Record Ace. 22.5 inch. My Eroica bike. Took me round the 100 mile Eroica course this year and didn't miss a beat.
I completely rebuilt her prior to this years ride. New Headset, Bottom Bracket, cables, stem, cassette, chain and wheelset. The front wheel was a NOS US built Aviner with a Deore hub (cost £50) and the rear was a new Weinnman rim with a quando hub (only a cheapy but bullet proof). The bars have had cinelli gel pads put under the bar tape.
She is Reynolds 531 throughout and back in the day was a top quality machine. She has a really cool drilled chainset and she rides so well.
I'll include the original wheelset, some one sided SPDs (with new chrome cages so you can 'cheat' at Eroica) and s set of shimano 600 downtube shifters. (Nothing wrong with the shifters on there but I really liked the look of these cost £30)
Bad bits- brake hoods could probably do with replacing, small dink on top tube
The frame does have a lot of marks but she wasn't bad enough to lose the original decals and have her resprayed. Please don't expect a new bike, she is 37 years old. However, she rides like a dream and is fully Eroica ready. Will happily send any pics
Would prefer collection but will courier if you arrange or would deliver locally.

Back