Show us what you did today, thread

Cheers Clubby
Yeah it was a good holiday. We certainly packed a lot in as we try and do each time we are over but this time was very busy, days in Hamburg, circus at Autostadt, BBQs with friends, canoeing, mtbing, visiting everyone, certainly need to come home for a rest. :)
I don't fret about the tech especially at the prices it comes at but maybe I will dable in a bit of suspension or maybe even a 1 x 10 for the Pugs, maybe. Enough to keep Brian worried though :) All good fun though.

Jamie

Had to get out for a ride today and will also hopefully be out with Brian tomorrow.
After being away and the finally getting settled back in with a few needed to do chores this morning I thought it was time to get the Big Dummy out and give myself a proper workout. I needed to ride it to check a couple of settings as I have an 'accessory' coming for the Big Dummy, well that was my excuse anyway.
Heather and Caleb headed to town and said they would be at a friends after that so I said I will go riding and hopefully meet up at the friends. I headed away from the coast and tried as hard as I could to avoid the strong 30mile an hour wind coming from the west, only problem was I needed to head due west for about 12 mile. I had loaded Calebs helmet so that he could head home with me once I picked him up but it was a slow ride for a good section of it as the wind was relentless. I did stop and get a photo with some giant chickens that live locally (Rheas). I was thinking big bike, big chicken ;)
Arrived to an enjoyable and much appreciated drink and coffee and after sitting around longer than planned thought I better head home, especially as Caleb wanted to go round the coast and explore a couple of pathways/trails behind the sand dunes at Dunnet Beach. Weather was looking a bit iffy but was changing all the time due to the wind but we had a good ride home and fun around the beach too. A bit easier heading back but while a tailwind in parts I did have 25 kg on the back now :)

Jamie

Wind blowing straight up this road, I am heading about few miles the other side of the big hill behind the bike.
DSCN5129 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Big Dummy, Big Chicken
DSCN5131 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Riders on the Storm
DSCN5140 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN5142 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN5147 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Weather was far better this afternoon than yesterdays wind and cloud. So it was back out for a leisurely cruise round on the Big Dummy, met the family at friends in Dunnet for a cuppa and then I headed for the beach before looping back home for about half seven.
Really been getting into the Big Dummy again lately and it is getting something a bit 'xtra' in the next couple of weeks to make it more fun, so all's good on the cargo front.
I am back to work tomorrow after a couple of weeks off :( I know, it's sad but I will struggle on. I have had such a great holiday from being in Germany with the family to just enjoying my riding for the sake of riding.
Hope the weather and riding was good for my fellow macretros

Jamie

DSCN5156 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

"big hill" ...

If that is what you call a big hill, you might consider spending some time cycling through BC, Canada (we'll show you some 'big hills' !!) ...

;)

Re: Re:

k-rod":18w4s0kv said:
"big hill" ...

If that is what you call a big hill, you might consider spending some time cycling through BC, Canada (we'll show you some 'big hills' !!) ...

;)
In Jamieland hills aren't measured by height, but by the amount of wind coming from them.

Some of Jamie's hills are bigger than Everest in my experience. :)

Re: Re:

epicyclo":1qerawis said:
k-rod":1qerawis said:
"big hill" ...

;)
In Jamieland hills aren't measured by height, but by the amount of wind coming from them.

Some of Jamie's hills are bigger than Everest in my experience. :)

lol - makes sense to me !! :LOL:

Yeah, it's all relative :LOL:
Even in my world it's not a big hill but like the one down the hill from home it's the biggest around in a land that has not many rises from flat. Also in the picture it was really a descriptive turn of phrase as it is the biggest around. The wind though is made all the worse for no trees anywhere. Head slightly south into the Highlands though and we're into the good stuff :)
Maybe the west coast of Scotland but nothing up here to compare to BC. West coast is a bit like if you deforested BC :)
Pushing the Big Dummy with a load of gear or groceries and the little man on the back from town 13 miles away makes any hill a big one :LOL: :LOL:

Jamie

Re:

Very pleasant 30 miles on the roadster this afternoon, pretty windy (haven't spent such a long time in low gear ever!) but at least it was headwind out and tailwind home...

I'm sure I say this about every season but this really has to be my favourite time of year out on the bike - that warm wind laden with the comforting, appetising bakery smell of ripe grain (OK, and the clouds of dust and straw from the combines in the fields by the road.)

CWS_Roadster_Aug_Apples.jpg

Hello fellow Macretros
Hope everyone is gearing up for a nice weekend, even though the forecast is looking a bit iffy.
Postman delivered a package today that starts a new chapter for the Dummy and for hauling the dog about, as well as cargo.
Caleb and I couldn't wait and had to get it together and mount it. Am away tomorrow but hopefully by Monday will have a wooden base in and then build it up from there. Can set it to be either rigid or so it tilts and keeps three wheels on the ground. Should be fun.

Jamie

DSC_0212 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_0214 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_0220 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_0222 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Back