Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Massa

• Formula what?

• Total voters
what a nail biting end to the season.

well done that lad lewis.

must be hard for massa standing on the top step of that podium infront of all those dissapointed brazilian fans.

but to be honest if it wasnt for the 7 points he was gifted by the FIA he wasnt even in with a shot.

What a thrilling finish! I dont think it's a fix with Glock's last lap time, the rain became harder and the track became more slippery, he wasnt going to risk no points score, I felt sorry for Massa and was impressed how he control his emotion on podium, both Hamilton and Massa did deserve the title so hopefully Massa get his chance next year. I hope Hamilton wont get cocky or have a bigger ego now after winning the championship.

Roll on to 2009.

Something not right there. Ive been looking at Glocks sector times over the last 4 laps in the rain. He held his own, slowing slightly in the last two laps but only a second or two down. He then lost 18 seconds in the final two sectors of the race even though the rain was consistent for those two final laps. I did not see what caused this sudden lack of pace, he didn't have traffic to deal with. A spin maybe? A call from the pits? 18secs is a huge amount of time.
Got to feel for Massa, he has been superb this season, huge respect for holding it together on the podium- he was gutted. But I guess the best man won. Vettel is going to be one to watch over the next few years, Rosberg has been a disappontment. Kubica will be the man to watch next year though. That BMW will be quick.
Quite a decent season when I could be bothered with it.

This talk about Glock is silly. Neither of the Toyotas changed to wet tyres. It was a risk that almost paid off, but the rain got worse. Glock and Trulli had almost identical times for the final lap - i.e., Glock didn't drive badly, he drove at the same pace as Trulli, which was as fast as possible in those conditions.

If you had watched the data flow instead of listening to Brundle and Allen babbling, you would have seen that Glock started to lose time on the final sector of the penultimate lap. He started the last lap 12 and a bit seconds ahead of Vettell and Hamilton, lost another 3 seconds in the first sector and it was already clear that it was going to be very close. But Brundle and Allen didn't know that, so kept on babbling about Hamilton needing to overtake Vettell, which wasn't the issue. He then lost over 9 seconds in the middle sector, so it was almost all over before Brundle and Allen even woke up to what was happening.

Glock's sector times on the last lap compared to Trulli were 1.2 quicker, 1.0 quicker and 2.2 slower (and by that time he had been overtaken). So there is no evidence whatever that he was going slower than he could have gone. If you think he did drive slowly on purpose (and why?), then please explain why Trulli drove even slower.

I think it's just a matter of Brundle and Allen misleading the audience and thereby upsetting people who had believed them - and to be fair, they obviously had nobody with them to put them right. Goodbye ITV-F1 and good luck.

A wet track with constant rain, cooling slick tyres.. I'm not completely surprised he slowed so much.. If he did do it help Hamilton it must have been by personal choice, I think the FIA monitor the radios a little too much for any of the teams to risk fixing the results..

Typical Hamilton, by the skin of his teeth..BUT well deserved.. finally!

Back