Spring 2007 RetroBike meet - Sat 24th March North Downs !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only just saw this post!!!

South Downs would be awesome, I'm back in town for most of March.. There are some grrreat loops I'd be more than happy to take us on.. Nothing DropOff like either, just smooth rolling hills, fast singletrack, open firetrail and great pubs ;)

Anyways, I may have jumped the gun so I'll read the rest of the post and maybe get a better idsea of what is actually happened if something has been decided upon already :oops:

Righto, read the entire post ;)

South Downs might be a bit too far south for some, so maybe the North Downs are better? Only a small drive from the M25 & M3.. Guildford is a great city with heaps of good pubs to choose from, or the Surrey Countryside pubs..

Just found this.. Would make a great all day/arvi ride..?

http://www.chocolatefoot.co.uk/journal/wa/archives/2003/02/000060-4_lumps_classic.html

Big Map here

This site rocks too [if you like Maps :oops:]

http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/getamap/

Looks interesting Kingroon :)

Just bear in mind it took us 2hrs to chat around the dog at cannock a couple of weeks ago... :D

gump":3giw69fz said:
Just bear in mind it took us 2hrs to chat around the dog at cannock a couple of weeks ago... :D

Hahaha well I did see a short cut if the going gets a bit enduro.. on the B2126 as it passes between both Commons near Felbury House ;)

gradeAfailure":3giw69fz said:
North Downs sounds good to me - plus I can recommend pubs in the Guildford locale seeing as it's my home town...

Did I just hear someone volunteer to sort out the evenings festivities? ;)

This sounds great, there are heaps of bike tracks to go on in this area, just need someone with local knowledge to sort one out.. Near a Public House that has Accommodation :D

Seems like the North Downs is proving to be a popular choice.

I'm happy to try out the ride beforehand, sure some of our Southern members would join me to ensure the day goes smoothly and the route is suitable...

The North downs are about an hour or so from my place, if any of the northen brigade need a place to crash the night before I will gladly offer beds to those I can accomodate and transport to the ride (I live even further south and east so this may not actually suit anyone but the offer is there).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back