My Yeti Pro FRO 1995 ish

Kestonian

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Finally got around to taking some pics of my "main" bike - a Yeti Pro FRO that I bought from the factory in Durango, Colorado in 1995, after a very friendly tour from one Steve Kurowski.

I was driving round the US at the time so the frame was posted to relatives in New York for collection and flight home. The Judy's are a year or so later while I saved up to build the bike. Gear bits are XT from my other Yeti (late 80s) which were still working and I couldn't see the point in buying more. I eventually crumbled in 98 and bought some V brakes.

Other than that, XT hubs on Mavic wheels (relatively new - around 2002 so the Hope was saved for the older Yeti). Control Tech post and of course, Flite saddle. Oh and a Zooka stem. Skewers nothing special.

I'm still not keen on the riser bar and will put the Syncros flat one back on pretty soon - but I've been saying that for 3 years now ...

This is my main bike and gets raced in a mixture of 2 and 4 day adventure races - she is currently carrying me through a 4 event winter XC duathlon series. I've ridden lighter bikes, but have ridden Pro FRO frames since 1993 so I know the frame pretty well by now and if it ain't broke - keep riding!

The other FRO will be posted soon (be patient though)

DSC_1163.JPG

Still love that head badge ...
DSC_1171.JPG

The rounded stays
DSC_1167.JPG

One piece stays - with a funky front mech noodle.
DSC_1169.JPG
[/img]

Very choice.

Don't think risers look 'right' on a retro ride either....but if the bike works with them on and you ride it, why not :D

That comes from a slight obsession for polishing the frame on an almost weekly basis during my student days. I raced triathlons on it (with some road tyres and bar ends in the middle of the handle bars instead of aero bars) and we had a "Shiny Bike Award" at each race.

I used to use Ferrari branded car polish that was fantastic. Since I've finished that I've found that they no longer make it and Turtlewax just isn't as good! Anyone got any decent products?

have always really liked that colour...nice to see it so well cared for!
does the frame have a evolution 1.25" headset or is just a regular oversized 1.125" one? difficult to tell from the pics.

Kestonian":3fz2njq1 said:
That comes from a slight obsession for polishing the frame on an almost weekly basis during my student days. I raced triathlons on it (with some road tyres and bar ends in the middle of the handle bars instead of aero bars) and we had a "Shiny Bike Award" at each race.

I used to use Ferrari branded car polish that was fantastic. Since I've finished that I've found that they no longer make it and Turtlewax just isn't as good! Anyone got any decent products?

I use Commandant 4 cleaner for scratches and not so bright paint. For finishing and protection I use Commandant 7 'lakwas creme'.

Don't know whether it is available in the UK.

http://www.commandant.nl/

I havent polished any bike in the last 10yrs :) ..hahaha...

...tho I lick my fat chance ti clean after every ride... hahaha...

Latest posts

Back