Not a Team Marin!!

:) personally despite it being a bottom end model, i think its got to be worth £25 assuming there are no issues with it. Jeez, i spent more than that last time i went food shopping, and that ended up being the biggest pile of sh... :LOL:

Re:

Fair enough, its worth what someone will pay.

But imho, since you have to find every single other part including a suitable fork, you'd want to start with a better frame.

I guess if someone had a donor bike with a damaged frame where all parts could just be swapped over - and really wanted a fluoro marin - then it would make sense.

Exactly this, the whole point of a Marin IMHO is the matching Marin Lite, colour-coded forks, stem & bars. A lot of other brands just used off the peg parts for the stem and bars, but Marin designed all their own parts, even seat posts.

Re:

This joker wasn't far from me; I tipped him off as to what he had and didn't have but he still relisted it as a Team. Obv happy to con somebody which seems a shame since it wasn't even gonna make him rich...

I actually offered him £35 for the frame when I thought it was a Team but was labelled as a “Marin frame” but he wanted £60 IIRC.... a lucky eascape as it turned out not to be

Re:

Was a good looking frame regardless in the neon green, think that was one of the ‘92 schemes, you could have neon on either end. It would still make a nice bike built up if you had the bits lying around. But you can pick a whole bike up for beer money at the moment. Look nice hanging on a wall if nothing else.

Back