1993/94 NTI Rock Lobster™ ..the poor mans Bontrager

Re:

After months of procrastination, I’ve done the deed and dropped it for a new lick of paint

RAL 6009 Fir Green in fact which colour wise is going towards the dark green you get on box of After Eight mints
Basically a very dark green which should hopefully make the yellow playing cards on the Rock Lobster decals really pop.

I should have taken a pic whilst I was at Griffs as they had a full road going race replica of a 1987/88 GSX-R Yoshimura GSX1100 in what looked like NOS condition – it was that clean. It was a real beast and took me back to being 18 years old again

Anyway we’ll find out if Fir Green with a fine gold metallic sparkle was inspired or not very shortly…

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    116.1 KB · Views: 674
Interesting setup isn’t it?

The did my orange. Yellow sparkle. Lovely job.

The History Man":1961g39f said:
Interesting setup isn’t it?

The did my orange. Yellow sparkle. Lovely job.

:LOL: yeah but well cool, as it’s a no nonsense set up and it’s like you’ve Popped round a friend unit

I’ve always used Argos in the past for all the other projects and whilst they also produce great work the approach is so different

Re:

It's arrived back home......... Dark British Racing Green with a subtle Gold flake in the clear coat :D

it looks so much better for shedding the PINK.....

1 x Before (from the ebay listing) and a few snaps of After :D

Attachments

• Lobster 5.jpg
    Lobster 5.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 594
  • Lobster 3.jpg
    Lobster 3.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 594
  • Lobster 2.jpg
    Lobster 2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 594
  • Lobster 1.jpg
    Lobster 1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 594
  • rock 3.jpg
    rock 3.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 595
RetroSpud - Love the bike. I am in the process of "cleaning" up my father in-laws Expert Rock Lobster. Where did you source those decals?

Re:

Nice paint job :cool:
Perhaps slightly more "mature" than the purple/pink though.
Watching this build with interest, very nearly bought one of these frames bitd, went for an Orange Prestige instead, visually very similar frame design though.

KWSMAN":33bijo74 said:
RetroSpud - Love the bike. I am in the process of "cleaning" up my father in-laws Expert Rock Lobster. Where did you source those decals?

I’ll send you the details via a private message shortly He’s a member on here.

My former father-in-law had one in that colour (minus decals). It was a very nice frame. I remember building some wheels for it by lamplight in his shed one Christmas...well, it got me out of going to church!

Back