Yeti Pro FRO

Re:

This month, the Dutch magazine 'Bike&Trekking' features an item about my enthusiasm for retro Yeti mountainbikes.

Therefore, Melvin (a mod on here) and Erik Boschman, the photographer, visited my place and we had a great lengthy chat on retrobikes, Yeti, mountainbike parts, building, dream projects and everything related.

Although that afternoon started out rainy, the weather improved and Erik was able to capture some images to visually support the item text.
Pictures speak louder than words..

p5pb15863597.jpg

p5pb15863587.jpg

p5pb15863585.jpg

p5pb15863582.jpg

p5pb15863581.jpg

p5pb15862278.jpg

:D

Re:

... And it's winter time again; time to take out the Snowman :xmas-big-grin:
Lovely riding conditions this morning: not too cold, sunny and quite damp. After getting used to the temperature, it felt great!
And it promises to be like this during/after Christmas too!

p5pb16699179.jpg

p5pb16699182.jpg

p5pb16699186.jpg

p5pb16699185.jpg

:cool:

Happy Holidays!

Re:

He was very handsome with the Manitou, but I really prefer with the accu-trax. It is splendid !!!

Re:

I often spend more time thinking of how to change/adapt my built bikes in the shed than of acquiring new projects (am I the only one..?).

In this particular case, I am playing with the idea of putting some Deore XT m73* on the FRO; even though I like the looks and smooth shifting of the current XTR setup, it has always felt a bit posh on this frame :LOL:

Would that be considered a downgrade, BTW..? :?

So, I'm on the lookout for the iconic seatpost sp-m730 in 26.8 and perhaps some other bits as I move along.
I did just notice a suitable front mech lying around though :D

p5pb17741484.jpg

If I find the guts to actually start the re-build (unscrewing things and loosening the first cable is always a bit of a thing for me), I'll also be installing some thumbies, as well as a set of fc-m730 cranks.

Let's see how this works out!

Re: Re:

Def with you Eef...go with XT. Im pretty sure that I have an extra 26.8 post for you. PM me your addy. I think I have it but just in case.

Double-E F":3pws1qri said:
I often spend more time thinking of how to change/adapt my built bikes in the shed than of acquiring new projects (am I the only one..?).

In this particular case, I am playing with the idea of putting some Deore XT m73* on the FRO; even though I like the looks and smooth shifting of the current XTR setup, it has always felt a bit posh on this frame :LOL:

Would that be considered a downgrade, BTW..? :?

So, I'm on the lookout for the iconic seatpost sp-m730 in 26.8 and perhaps some other bits as I move along.
I did just notice a suitable front mech lying around though :D

p5pb17741484.jpg

If I find the guts to actually start the re-build (unscrewing things and loosening the first cable is always a bit of a thing for me), I'll also be installing some thumbies, as well as a set of fc-m730 cranks.

Let's see how this works out!

Re:

The 'de-blinging'/downgrading/overhaul has started, at the heart of the bike:
p5pb17754943.jpg

Grafton's out Shimano's in :D
p5pb17754944.jpg

p5pb17754945.jpg

To be continued!

Back