• 15th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't mind

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yes that will be super coooool.

Car share AC & Kaiser?

Proflex for me- boing boing, you can have the clockwork AC if you want to go retro (suffer for your art :LOL: ).

Will try and drum up some more scottish retrobiker ;)

I should be ok for this :cool: , rear shock is burst on my LTS though :( , may need to bring the E3, unless i can get the shock fixed by then.

Car share's good for me gazz, not sure about riding someone else's bike though I'm afraid. Just don't get on well with silly long retro stems, flat bars and brakes which don't stop you ;) Anyway I'm sure the finer points of the ride can be honed nearer the time.

Car shares good for me too :cool: AC reckon to make the most of Glentress whatevers familiar works best you goin to take the SS?

Mark, could work something out for car share too the 4 of us aren't a million miles away :eek:

Yeah SS for me Kaiser, I agree that when it comes to somewhere like Glentress, to get the most out of it you kinda need to know and be comfortable with the bike. Although the SS may be a 1 x 9 by the time the ride comes around, in order to get a bit more oomph on the downs and bit less "oh my god, why oh why!" on the ups :LOL:

kaiser":1ge8txb5 said:
Mark, could work something out for car share too the 4 of us aren't a million miles away :eek:

That'd be great :) , the Capri is pretty much off the road for the winter, i have a spare cycle carrier if it's needed ;)

I have a bike rack that can take 3 bikes :roll: and I'm sure one bike can go in my boot (like the idea of it being mine ha ha) So we should be ok, everyone will have to go for a dump before we go or else the old girl will prob. not make it up the hills :LOL:

The singlespeed is fettled and ready to go...I've put a set of 2001 Judy XC's and a 98ish LX V brake on it and am wondering if that'll be retro enough for you velo or if I'll need to ride 10ft behind everyone with a bag on my head? :LOL: ;)

Hey it was Gaz who first said lets make this a proper Retro meet, I'm not the authenticity police you know ;)

Anywho my bikes are seldom authentic, usually theyre just in the spirit of the period.

SS around Glentress will be tough, its seriously hillier than Carron valley, I know I've ss'd the course several times. A lot of the climb has you walking unless knee popping bravado is your thing !

I will be using gears this time, the lower the better. You can still wear the bag if your happier :LOL:

I've chucked out several adds in Gumtree to try and drum up some more retro riders who may not have heard of Retrobike. Maybe some more faces for the meet.

Dave and Stewart are maybe's but both are unlikely to show on retro kit.

Cheers guys

Back