Today's Ride

Re:

Today-Tuesday-A pleasant summer day, about 80 F. and sunny. A nice day to ride...

Attachments

• On the Trail today.jpg
    On the Trail today.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 465
Nice long ride today.

Headed up through the golf course but took different path and came across a nice stream. Then some really nice but rooty trails through the woods leading me up onto the tops. From there i rode down the road to the tracks that take you into Chatsworth. Once in Chatsworth i noticed my front tyre was going soft so i decided to head back instead of doing a loop around the woods. Rode some nice trails down hill all the way back into Darley Dale, over the giants bridge and along some really nice singletrack, where it started to rain, that and tiredness along with my now almost flat front saw me kissing the tarmac :roll: :LOL:

Great ride :cool:

Attachments

• P1011010 (Medium).JPG
    P1011010 (Medium).JPG
    117 KB · Views: 447
  • P1011003 (Medium).JPG
    P1011003 (Medium).JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 447
  • P1011001 (Medium).JPG
    P1011001 (Medium).JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 447
  • P1010997 (Medium).JPG
    P1010997 (Medium).JPG
    233.4 KB · Views: 446
  • P1010994 (Medium).JPG
    P1010994 (Medium).JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 446
  • P1010988 (Medium).JPG
    P1010988 (Medium).JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 446
  • P1010983 (Medium).JPG
    P1010983 (Medium).JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 447
Re:

Today-Wednesday-Warmer, about 84 F. and sunny. A good day for it...

Attachments

• Into the woods.jpg
    Into the woods.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 436
  • At the gate.jpg
    At the gate.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 436
mkone":28hwl4uc said:
Once in Chatsworth i noticed my front tyre was going soft so i decided to head back instead of doing a loop around the woods. Rode some nice trails down hill all the way back into Darley Dale, over the giants bridge and along some really nice singletrack, where it started to rain, that and tiredness along with my now almost flat front saw me kissing the tarmac :roll: :LOL:

Shame about the skinned knee, but the rest of the ride looked great - I love the huge carved stone milepost especially! Don't know what it is with punctures this year - I'm sure I haven't had a puncture for about a decade on any bike until this year when I've had a fairly constant stream of them on both my road bike and mountain bike :(

Re:

Today-Thursday-Hot, about 88 F. and hazy, smoky in the air from all the wildfires around the State. Good to get out, though-getting stronger every ride...

Attachments

• Today.jpg
    Today.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 407
Re:

Today-Friday-Another hot one, in the low 90's F. today. A good training ride to Deer Park and back. Along the way I passed a little Free Library in front of a house-kinda cool... :cool:

Attachments

• Neighborhood free library.jpg
    Neighborhood free library.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 388
  • Deer Park entrance.jpg
    Deer Park entrance.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 388
Re:

Today-Saturday-Hot again, about 86 F. and sunny. First ride with the guys this year, we went into the Open Space District for a fun ride. The climb up was mostly a push, as it was really long and extra steep, (note my friend Howard looking really tiny in the bottom of the pic) but once on top it was a breeze. About two thirds of the way up the hill is a cute little Treehouse in the woods-so nice, I would live there in a heartbeat...

Attachments

• Treehouse.jpg
    Treehouse.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 363
  • Long steep push.jpg
    Long steep push.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 363
Re:

Today-Monday-82 F. and sunny-got a late start today, so just a short spin...

Attachments

• Going up.jpg
    Going up.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 313
My first visit to the Forest of Dean was a1-super. Two days (mornings) of riding, a combination of the blue and red loops at Cannop. For me, the perfect blend of climbing, technical sections and sweaty-bum-time downhill. The trails were in a great condition considering the dry weather (Saturday) then the wet (Sunday). Perfectly rideable and weather made it a different challenge each time. The cafe at the bottom is excellent too. I described it to a mate as like Swinley but on steroids. Next time, I might combine this with Bike Park Wales over a long weekend.

Anyway, a few shots in-between the grins....including a grin :D

On the Saturday...

6y12kw.jpg

C63HpQ.jpg

On the Sunday...

3fh2Aj.jpg

MRhQUB.jpg

Latest posts

Back