Hope refunding price difference on their HB.160

Needs new XTR or you're just not gnarly enough

p6pb15936513.jpg

12 quid for a single bearing is taking the proverbial. Bloody likely nasa dont pay that much :evil:

One thing I find odd, and a bit annoying, is that they wont sell a single item if they normally retail as a pair. Was trying to get a replacement pedal and despite them making the bloody things, they said they only sold pairs.

And actually now that my goats got, their brake are nowt like their early brakes for power, and the metal they now use on the caliper appears to crumble away. If thats corrosion from just not cleaning :? thats worse than anodes ive seen on the bottom of boats, that have been suspended in salt water for 5 years :?

Just too many innovations and redesigns they've got to make all that investment back. although judging from the current products these are redesigns nobody needed.

Re:

:?

My new E4 brakes are the most powerful I've ever had, including recent XT, Deore and various old Hope.

My only personal criticism is that the anodising doesn't always give a consistent colour. I have two blue stems, one lighter than the other. My OCD doesn't like that.

Otherwise I think Hope are ace. :D

dyna-ti":2s3pwqu0 said:
12 quid for a single bearing is taking the proverbial. Bloody likely nasa dont pay that much :evil:

Lifetime frame AND bearing warranty on the HB.160. :D

Back