8 speed grip shift

simcfarlane

Devout Dirtbag
Anyone got srt800 or similar?

Thinking of combining with XT drivetrain.

New to these but fancy giving it a go.

Re:

Sadly nothing here, but I would recommend Sachs Wavey/Power grip shifters as well - they're available as 8 speed and have a much more positive click in my opinion. I've used them on 3 bikes with Shimano mechs and they have worked perfectly.

SRT800's look cool but the plastic tends to age and crack.

Some of the Sachs are currently for sale on Ebay and I'm sure that one or two sellers may have some on here ;)

Re:

Thanks for the advice.

I've found some srt600 - new old stock. I guess 20 year old clear plastic is probably a bad idea!

I'll check out your recommendation too.

Sachs Wavey are far better than any Gripshit. The best model being with the left hand shifter having multiple clicks to adjust the front mech incrementally

Re:

I'll go on the hunt! I've just found some cheap SRT600 to try out too.

If I don't get on with them I'll upgrade my wife bike from the cheapy versions she has.

legrandefromage":3n1273zu said:
Sachs Wavey are far better than any Gripshit. The best model being with the left hand shifter having multiple clicks to adjust the front mech incrementally
Gripshift had that too. They did two styles.

The Sachs shifter had the advantage of springs to assist you and they are a really nice shifter (or rebranded SRAM version)

The 9sp Attack half pipe (3/4 pipe?) I'm using on my commuter is a wonderful shifter for commuting.

Latest posts

Back