Forest of Dean - the Aftermath

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Just got back, thanks for a top day chaps and especially for putting up (again) with my mincing about whenever the gradient veers even vaguely downward. Great to see so many new faces and to catch up with more familiar ones.

Particular thanks go to Shedon and Del for so ably guiding us and the Dave (daj) for suggesting the whole thing. Looks like there is plenty more FoD trails to explore and really some decent riding for everyone.

Roll on the Turkey Twizzler.

PS Those who didn't stay long after lunch missed a treat in the afternoon, will have to be repeated in the future if I can ever figure out where the hell we were!

Back too - with no lasting ill effects. I imagine the last section was much quicker for everyone when you didn't have to wait for me. That's what happens when you put a roadie on a mountain bike! More practice needed, I think, on my part - but it was fun.

Thanks for your patience , guys - when do we get to see pictures?

Carol

Top ride ladies and gents, good to see what a broad range of riders we can attract on a ride :cool:

Big thanks to Daj for the suggestions and sheldon and his pal for their trail guiding.

Looking forward to seeing the pic of Eds big smash.

What a day !! :LOL:

Had a superb time, it was great to meet everyone

Massive thanks to everyone esp sheldon and Dell

Took some pics sadly not many as you were all long gone by the time I got there :LOL:

DSC05106.jpg

DSC05107.jpg

DSC05109.jpg

DSC05110.jpg

DSC05111.jpg

DSC05112.jpg

Some great trails around there, fun in the wet, imagine great in the dry!

Cheers to all that came, and to Sheldon and co for guiding us round. Good job.

Pub food was pretty good actually. Big respect from me to the triple sausage/egg/chips/beans orders. Proper retro food ;)

Well that was hard work, but enjoyable. Apologies for making everyone wait for me to be the last one to the top of every climb, but the downward singletrack was fun even if my shoulders do ache now.

As Gump says
Some great trails around there, fun in the wet, imagine great in the dry!
that was the muddiest I've been in a long while.

Last but not least many thanks to Sheldon for his efforts in coping with the range of abilities.

Andrew (who has no hill climbing ability!)

Good to see you all again, and thanks to Sheldon.

Gave my motivation a boost to pull my finger out and stop being happy with being 'mid-pack monkey'.

Another great day out, even if it was a "Ride-a-modern Retro ride" ;)

Loved the trails around there, must go back and do some more.
Thanks to Sheldon and Dell the guides too, would have been mayhem without them.
Cheers.

Back