RBotM JULY 2018 - Open Month - Nominations Now Open !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dutchie":7qnvzxpr said:
Completed just this month. This Raleigh Sirocco, frame november 1980, type bicycle 1981. Mostly original parts. except for the brakes, calipers are DiaCompe G and levers are Weinmann with new Saccon hoods. Wheels Wielen rims Wolber Champion Gentlemen 81 with Shimano 600EX hubs and Uniglide 6 speed cassette 13-14-16-18-20-22. Front wheel HI (= sept 1983), rear wheel HG (= juli 1983) . Saddle Selle Royal Sprint v2 Suede. Bars Cinelli Campione Del Mondo 66-42 in a 140 mm. Cinelli 1A stem. Classic drop and reach.

Can't see a photo..... :?

Jamiedyer":38o92zcm said:
Works for me :)

Jamie

That’s odd, I can see it on my mobile but not my on my laptop

Well time to metaphorically pop my Cherry

This is my mid to late 1950's Sid Mottram that wasn't really completed in time for last months competition and I will have to try and date it more accurately I know.

The frame came as an impulse ebay buy and the last picture shows how it came, with the first picture showing it after completing the build and the second after its maiden voyage.

pretty much all the components are at least 10 years too new if not more so it's a bit of a mish mash but is a lovely thing to ride so a definite keeper.

Attachments

• Sid Mottram 003.jpg
    Sid Mottram 003.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 5,383
  • Sid Mottram 002.jpg
    Sid Mottram 002.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 5,383
  • Sid Mottram 001.jpg
    Sid Mottram 001.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 5,383
My favourite so far....me thinks (I cant view the picture from the previous entrant).

Is that a metallic pearl finish? it looks like it - (always difficult to capture in a photo) and the final combination of componentry and colour choices makes the finished bicycle look really well "balanced".

It's the type of build I'd like to see a build thread on. <hint>

Is nice!

That is pretty stunning!
A build thread would be very much appreciated I think.
A great build and the colour combination is really nice.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":ukhuorr3 said:
That is pretty stunning!
A build thread would be very much appreciated I think.
A great build and the colour combination is really nice.

Jamie

Sand_Dune":ukhuorr3 said:
My favourite so far....me thinks (I cant view the picture from the previous entrant).

Is that a metallic pearl finish? it looks like it - (always difficult to capture in a photo) and the final combination of componentry and colour choices makes the finished bicycle look really well "balanced".

It's the type of build I'd like to see a build thread on. <hint>

Is nice!

Thanks very much both

I am pretty pleased with how it turned out and my wife passed positive comment on the finished frame which is always a good sign.

No it's not a pearl finish just light metallic green with a few coats of clear lacquer on top.

Sadly I didn't take any photo's of the build as such and it was surprisingly quick (all in about 3 to 4 weeks of weekends and evenings work) so you're pretty much seeing the start and finish there

Re:

allenh":3dkay47s said:
Jamiedyer":3dkay47s said:
Did you paint this yourself?

Jamie

I did yes it's all my own work.

A paint it yourself IS something I'd like to see an article / step by step build (paint) thread on.
Next time you paint one......give us the detail step by step with photos.
I'd be VERY interested in it.

can we have some close ups of the paint work and the detailing please.... (probably in reader's bikes).
<EDIT> In fact can we have a "close up of everything" photo shoot of the bicycle in reader's bikes....I really do like.

Many thanks

Sand_Dune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back