my urban assault vechicles...Klein delights

jimihendrix":ljhrnq18 said:
Stunning :cool: , first time i've seen that colour.

i fell in love with that colour when i first saw it in late 95. took almost 10 years until i could afford - and find - an Adroit in burgundyblue. the Quantum Pro is a blast to ride. 6500grams of pure joy :)

Imgp5412.jpg

Imgp5350.jpg

Imgp5347.jpg

Could the OP take a look at Carsten's chain tensioner arrangement and copy it, please? Pushing up looks soooooo much more sleek than dangling down ;-)

Now if only Pace made square tubed road bikes in smokey blue!

I really like the idea of matching on and off road bikes (fits my neo-autistic sensibilities).

Colour looks awesome btw.

Chain tensioners - sorry I don't like at all. Eccentric BB or is that a none starter with Kleins (memory suggests they had funny BBs - sure a Kleinhead will correct me )

Re: dates...

ctronzo":1u6ya73h said:
my bad on the dates??? I am going by the production date stamps on the BB

CT

well possible that they have been built after the 95 summer break but they are 96 models (listed in the 96 catalog), the only year that color was offered. it's similar like with cars, the next year models hit the shops in autmn and building starts even earlier. doesn't really matter but 96 was the last year these "true" Kleins were built. from 97 on things went really down for the hardcore Klein'o'holics...

Carsten

Radar":2xs0seo6 said:
Now if only Pace made square tubed road bikes in smokey blue!

I really like the idea of matching on and off road bikes (fits my neo-autistic sensibilities).

Colour looks awesome btw.

Chain tensioners - sorry I don't like at all. Eccentric BB or is that a none starter with Kleins (memory suggests they had funny BBs - sure a Kleinhead will correct me )

the bb is pressed in and can't be changed easily to an eccentric one. when i built mine the white eno hubs weren't yet on the market otherwise i would have used that instead of the Paul. in the beginning i rode it without tensioner and had no problems but with the chain starting to stretch i felt the need for a tensioner. i still want to build a nicer and more minimalistic one though.

Carsten

Back