It’s all aboot the bike any hoo. Ocky Mountain

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":2w04304e said:
ponder how I've ended up with 3 bikes yet again, strip one maybe to build another and swap saddles around. It doesn't change the fact I have too many bikes I never ride and can't sell, but it makes me feel...alive....

I have roughly 8 here, and more elsewhere... They just breed. I ride one or two of them, but, yeah, I hear ya. :facepalm:

Oh, and by the way, I like how the Ocky Mountain's coming on, looks more practical than precious, which is how it should be. More pics/progress please. :)

bluetomgold":39a4qxga said:
Oh, and by the way, I like how the Ocky Mountain's coming on, looks more practical than precious, which is how it should be. More pics/progress please. :)
Thanks. Built out of the shed. Frame came to me as an appendage to another. Couldn’t resist the bargain price as I was picking up the other one anyway.

Finished. First ride was interesting. VERY laid back riding position. Slightly flat rear didn’t help. Brakes are super sharp and fun. Forks are resistant but forgiving especially over the hard cracked field paths, taking all the edges off the unpleasantness. Bars are just the jobbie. Ratios weren’t really challenged given that terrain and shakedown. Saddle needs a tweak but other than that I loved it. Light and efficient.

I found a suitable backdrop for the first pictures given the build. :mrgreen:

Re:

---- Mountain

All XT Stoppers and shifters.

Everything else a bit of a mishmash

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_344.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_344.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 636
  • fullsizeoutput_348.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_348.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 635
  • fullsizeoutput_34c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_34c.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 636
Minifreak":zk0ayzo0 said:
Looking good and glad she rides nicely. That is a hell of a subtle build for you ;)

It was hard but I made it without picking up on the red of the forks..................................

Re:

Nice work. That LX chainset is a looker - got one on my M-trax 250 which I might have to rob off it.

I have similar (but later) XT Vs on my Orange, they are super sharp, and very powerful, but possibly a bit too much by comparison with the cantis I use normally! Have dialled them down a little with the Avid SD levers...

I wonder why my Rockshox are so soft. Maybe I'll have to take them apart.

Most of this went on the stolen Whyte.

This is the closest feeling ride I had to the stolen Alves so needs rebuilding from the leftovers I have in the shed.

Won’t be pretty. Maybe I’ll get to keep it that way.

Back