And today I did......

Re:

Was pretty pleased with myself today, bought a set of last years Rockshox Recon solo air forks in mint condition for only £40 from a chap a few streets away.
Sun was out, so shorts & flip flops on, beer in hand , bike in workstand and started removing the old Marzocchi forks on my girlfriend's bike ready to fit the Recons.
Got to the part where you remove the stem and.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :x
...forks dropped out the bottom of the frame and straight onto my fecking toes! :facepalm:
A job I've done hundreds of times, but still....
Now sat watching tv, nursing a bruised toe, and sipping medicinal beer. :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

Did my 1st commute home from work today, on the old Cinder Cone. Tbh I'm taking the gravel bike in the morning, just wasn't feeling it on the Kona today, felt heavy and not particularly nimble ...

So I got home and checked Strava, not expecting any achievements, and sure enough it was pretty pitiful, I was even beaten on a couple of segments by some guy called TIM GOULD...

:facepalm: FFS! Beaten by an old codger.... :LOL:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180709-181320-576x978.jpg
    Screenshot_20180709-181320-576x978.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 351
Re:

I was surprised how heavy my Cinder Cone felt when I first picked it up too and mine is the teeny tiny version :LOL:
I'm hoping to start commuting to work at some point this year, once I finally move nearer work that is (the 155 miles isn't quite achievable atm!).

At least you're on the same page as Tim Gould Jim, doubt I'd be.

Re:

Ha ha Ha!!!! :LOL: Tim left a little comment for me....

I never doubted it for a minute ;)

Attachments

• 20180711_092622-720x981.png
    20180711_092622-720x981.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 311
Re:

Remember seeing Tim at the Strathpeffer world cup race when I were a lad, there's no much of him so not surprised he flew up the hills and is still threatening Strava records now!

Re:

I don't recall a lot about the race as I must have been about 14 at the time, seem to remember it was a muddy one though? and Thomas Frischknecht won walking across the line with his bike above his head as a protest against the course conditions?

I saw him at the 91 Grundig in Aviemore after I raced it as a junior. He won by that much he went back to his hotel, had a shower and came back before the third place rider came in. Was happily signing autographs while the Americans were all frozen and grumpy. Proper hero.
Still got my number signed by him, Mike Kloser, Sally Hibbard etc.

Re:

Had the pleasure of riding with Sally Hibberd for a weekend when she came to the Hawick CC BITD. Was suitably star struck (besotted ;) ) with a pro rider like her coming to our wee club and riding our trails. Good times :D

Re: Re:

DynaCol":2uv1sg4s said:
I don't recall a lot about the race as I must have been about 14 at the time, seem to remember it was a muddy one though? and Thomas Frischknecht won walking across the line with his bike above his head as a protest against the course conditions?
Yup that sounds about right, I saw loads of riders wearing just one shoe. They'd fallen victim to the deep mud every where :facepalm:

Back