Depression is just plain nasty

The History Man":3bmqls15 said:
My local council doesn’t seem to listen at all.

Now if you're talking about councillors now they are just retired old pensioners with nothing better to do than interfere with your business but not with council business. :D

Sometimes it’s hard to accept that the person I need most help from for whatever reason will just sit and watch me sink. That is by far the most painful thing I have to deal with.
I am sorry to everyone who goes through depression and mental illness.
It can be the loneliest place.

Alison":ogp79uws said:
fiendish feet":ogp79uws said:
Alison":ogp79uws said:
It's always difficult to let go of the past as it's the past usually that has made us who we are. I did DBT for a while which talks about mindfulness and living with the now but I struggled and was kicked out for lack of commitment, pity I tried soon hard and might of benefitted from it

Alison
It is hard to change thought patterns i agree
but if you think the past is responsible for the present that's what will manifest..
its that simple . we create our reality's.
I was over dosing on class A's at 16 had a messy past myself was homeless for ten years with mental health probs.
that was then, this is now, i don't dwell its unproductive..

If i dwell on the past the past will because my present experience.

I'll have to concede you have a very strong point. When doing therapy I have noticed that other than counselling they never talk about the past just what's happening in the here and now

I hate counselling they are to me just a bunch of bored housewives who have been told by their friends they are good listener's and have done a quick course in counselling and think they are god's gift to mental health, sorry if anyone is a counsellor or knows one but it's based on experience :)

Yeah i hated counselling as well i was kicked out my mindfulness group too , As i didn't like opening up to random folk ,
I still have periods of chronic Depression , These days i just blame every thing on the Rothschilds... lol

But we look back in hindsight that's normal
And we all wonder and worry about our future. that's normal too
The problem is getting stuck in a rut thinking about
Yesterday and next week .
And missing out Right now.
I leave it at that could be a bit deep for the forum...
Take good care W

videojetman":c0ogyskx said:
Sometimes it’s hard to accept that the person I need most help from for whatever reason will just sit and watch me sink. That is by far the most painful thing I have to deal with.

Hi mate
That is Sad
What i noticed with my bouts was
I was so Depressed that i would make the people around me ill as well.
Bosses ,Friends & partners Would swerve me..
So I became a single man as i would'nt want to put that on a partner,
I bought a Dog Which was the best thing and learned to live alone
and love myself, because if you can't love yourself how can anyone else love you..
but my dog passed three years ago ,and now cycling and country side
are keeping me sane..
wish you a speedy recovery mate ,

videojetman":17kx0t7r said:

That is sooooo sad. I have been married for 26 years this August and I try soon hard to explain things to him to try and get understanding when I'm sat in the bathroom with 2 pints of my blood on the floor he just sees the job he's got cleaning up the mess and gets soo angry, not the desperate individual trying to cope with depression, but in the end he's still here and still my best friend so I'm very very lucky

Alison

I've suddenly felt really selfish as I never know whether I've gone on too much about myself and not considered other people's feelings, bit autistic in that regard :) so I apologise if I've been inconsiderate :)

Alison

Alison":7ekc9osn said:
I've suddenly felt really selfish as I never know whether I've gone on too much about myself and not considered other people's feelings, bit autistic in that regard :) so I apologise if I've been inconsiderate :)

Alison

Alison

Don't worry about that, it is better to get it out in the open, and we all need to get things off our chest.

Videojetman

I hope the person you need to support you, comes around to your plight quickly and realises that you need them more than they already know.

thank you for all the kind thoughts.
and my heart goes out to all who continue to suffer.
at least I know I have some understanding from some members on this thread.
its good to talk.

Back