Depression is just plain nasty

The History Man":1xzqksb8 said:
james1985":1xzqksb8 said:
This thread is very educational.

I've been trying to see the better side of things, and ignoring others.
I end up concentrating on one thing and everything else is left behind.
My stressful career and lots of time away from home has been catching up with me, I have been so annoyed with myself for not having time to be at home with family, to go out on my bike (or fix one) and no time to exercise means again, I don't want to go out on my bike, as its a lot harder than when I used to ride.

I have had some time off of this and other forums, as to make up for something, I started buying loads and loads of bikes, most of which I have still not ridden.

Things reached a head a few months back, and I decided enough was enough, a new plan was required.

I have resigned from my job, and will soon be living the dream. I am going to be a trainee bike mechanic at a local, very decent bike shop. I cant wait to start. I feel like a new man, my head is clear, every thing feels 'lighter'.

No more 4 hour commute, more time at home, and as I can now ride my bike to work, my fitness is only going one way, oh, and because of all this I will also be eating proper home meals, and doing things properly.

For the first time in as long as I can really remember, I'm looking forward to what comes next, what is going to happen in the next couple of years.

Its just my pessimistic side, it has me saying its too good to be true, something will be up soon. Cant shake of that thing in the back of my mind, but I'm giving it my all.
Sounds like you’re a good few steps ahead at present. More power to your elbow. I wish you every success and happiness.

And get yourself to Mayhem.

Thanks mate. Mayhem - wont rule it out. I can actually realistically plan this sort of thing now, also would be good to have a target for the old fitness.

james1985":2guis1gz said:
Thanks mate. Mayhem - wont rule it out. I can actually realistically plan this sort of thing now, also would be good to have a target for the old fitness.

Good idea!

videojetman":1hmwl6ln said:
The shadow keeps catching me lately. :(

You and me both, as I am unemployed now I need to look for jobs, I had to go for an interview the other day and I broke down just before I got there, I had to cancel literally at the last moment :cry:

I hope you can push through and come out stronger. I think the oppressive heat can get you down too.

Re:

Its interesting to see how many are inflicted with Depression.
Been Battling my own mental health for years on & off.
Being mindful and in the present moment , can help but.
i see it as Society in general being the biggest problem , Being a wage slave, eating crap food. Constant doom and gloom on the tell lie vision.

The best cure for me is nature just getting away from the inter web ,mobile phones and demanding people..
just sitting listening to the birds over the forest is better than any
Anti depressive pill , most of these compounds are made from fluoride
which is basically rat poison.. So if you can do without the pills would make huge difference ,
Doctors today are just drug dealers for big pharma
I wish anyone here struggling the very best ,
Remember their is no yesterday and no tomorrow only this moment now. and that's where the magics at.
Wayne

kermitgreenkona88":r311azf3 said:
videojetman":r311azf3 said:

You and me both, as I am unemployed now I need to look for jobs, I had to go for an interview the other day and I broke down just before I got there, I had to cancel literally at the last moment :cry:

I hope you can push through and come out stronger. I think the oppressive heat can get you down too.

Sorry to hear that both of you.

I have found myself when alone struggling with old feelingschool of self harm and am troubled by this but I am doing my best to train to make myself healthier and slimmer and even went out in public for a walk through the village last week, all positive steps :)

Alison

Alison":106lw39y said:
kermitgreenkona88":106lw39y said:
videojetman":106lw39y said:

Sorry to hear that both of you.

I have found myself when alone struggling with old feelingschool of self harm and am troubled by this but I am doing my best to train to make myself healthier and slimmer and even went out in public for a walk through the village last week, all positive steps :)

Alison
Hi Alison
What we tend to forget about our self's and life is we really are
magicians .
We turn thoughts into reality by the way of manifestation .
Every thing around us we have created by our thoughts.....
But we are strange us humans because we love and hate simultaneous
We only live this moment now its where its at.
So by thinking about yesterday is pointless its gone. and you not in the now..
And tomorrow we could be dead..
So what ever you desire as long as its healthy for you and yours
Just keep thinking and it will snowball and manifest in this reality.
peace to you..

It's always difficult to let go of the past as it's the past usually that has made us who we are. I did DBT for a while which talks about mindfulness and living with the now but I struggled and was kicked out for lack of commitment, pity I tried soon hard and might of benefitted from it

Alison

Alison":3edrfsbe said:
It's always difficult to let go of the past as it's the past usually that has made us who we are. I did DBT for a while which talks about mindfulness and living with the now but I struggled and was kicked out for lack of commitment, pity I tried soon hard and might of benefitted from it

Alison
It is hard to change thought patterns i agree
but if you think the past is responsible for the present that's what will manifest..
its that simple . we create our reality's.
I was over dosing on class A's at 16 had a messy past myself was homeless for ten years with mental health probs.
that was then, this is now, i don't dwell its unproductive..

If i dwell on the past the past will become my present experience.

fiendish feet":32pu3z2b said:
Alison":32pu3z2b said:

Alison
It is hard to change thought patterns i agree
but if you think the past is responsible for the present that's what will manifest..
its that simple . we create our reality's.
I was over dosing on class A's at 16 had a messy past myself was homeless for ten years with mental health probs.
that was then, this is now, i don't dwell its unproductive..

If i dwell on the past the past will because my present experience.

I'll have to concede you have a very strong point. When doing therapy I have noticed that other than counselling they never talk about the past just what's happening in the here and now

I hate counselling they are to me just a bunch of bored housewives who have been told by their friends they are good listener's and have done a quick course in counselling and think they are god's gift to mental health, sorry if anyone is a counsellor or knows one but it's based on experience :)

Latest posts

Back