frame with disc mounts

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
Hi. With the announcement of Mayhem I've planned to build something a little more retro than my current bikes to do the 24 solo event with (as with all of my 24 hour races I'm going to be doing it for charity seeing as though I thought I'd never be able to even attempt something like this with my illness).

Anyways I thought I had a frame sorted but it doesn't look like it's going to work out so I'm trying to find an alternative. I don't have a huge budget. Something along the lines of £70ish including postage. I'm trying to find something with disc mount on the frame as I have a disc wheelset and brakeset that I want to use to save me some money. (hoping to build a whole bike for £150). Big ask but you never know and if there's nothing out there I'll just have to reconsider my idea.

I'm not looking for full on retro just something early-mid 00s. Around a 19" frame. I know what I want but no chance of getting that in my budget :facepalm: so for now I'm open to suggestions. It's going to be a case of see what comes up so don't be offended if your frame isn't for me, I've just given up on collecting bikes for the sake of it and have sworn to only get something I specifically want.

Re:

I have a rockhopper or stumpjumper from around 08 that takes disc or v. Bought it a while back and have never built it up. It's black and very tidy and well within budget.

Any good?

I have this Dirty Jo F. Creme frame available, maybe too small though at 17.5"

dirty_jo_561.jpg

Re:

Yeah 17.5 will be a bit too small unfortunately LGF. Cheers though.

Ishaw im not a big specialized fan after previous bikes but maybe send me a pic and details (price/ size etc).

Re:

How important is the cosmetic condition and is full suss an option ?
theres food for thought for you :LOL:
Paul

Re:

Might have found something but what do you have?

Cosmetics not the end of the world (ideally not a complete dog) and my original plan was full sus (wanted an alpine trail but not in my budget and it was a Gt I drive that fell through so will consider them.

Re:

I could probably do this whole bike as it stands for about £95 posted, its not a 'B-Twin', its actually a Claud Butler but when you have a blank frame and spare decals...

Attachments

• bicycle.jpg
    bicycle.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 595
Re:

Cheers LGF but I have the possibility of an Orange which I really like the look of. That's pretty much my safety net unless something I really want comes up.

Re:

Yeah I don't really know any more. I just wanted to do something a bit older for Mayhem with some modern parts. Try and fit in the camp a bit more but might end up with something newer. I don't know. I'll be using my 2007 trance for most of it but wanted something interesting for a few fun laps. Been given a second chance to do these things and I intend to make the most of it.

Think at the end of the day I'll just go with whatever catches my eye.

Back