1991 Kona Hei Hei - Finished pics on page 5

Re: 1991 Kona Hei Hei

The rivnuts I ordered needed a bigger hole for the frame, not wanting to attack the frame I waited for jonrock to post me a selection of rivnuts to try, and one fitted nicely. I don’t have the tool and seemed an unnecessary expense so used another method, job done :)

A more major hurdle has proven to be the steerer. The frame and forks came to me with a threaded steerer and a theeadless steerer. Neither were right for my needs so I turned to PACE and their stock of NOS steerers. Ordered myself a 1 1/8” threaded at 180mm total, waited over a week, no show so I phoned them. Turns out they didn’t have that length in stock as they’d sold the last one so I had a chat with Adrian and he posted me a 240mm.
I asked if he could adapt it, turn the circlip groove further up the shaft and chop the excess off bottom, turns out they don’t have access to a lathe anymore at PACE! Crazy.
Off to a local company who are more than happy to help this afternoon, then the fun begins properly.

Re: Re:

pencilman77":2zjveosz said:
Looks amazing so far! I bet that will be amazing to ride

I’ll have to bring her down for a ride in the NF sometime and we can do some bike swapping. I’m in two minds about selling my Cinder Cone now as it’d be great to have a steel and Ti to compare.

Re: Re:

Minifreak":2tnjni80 said:
pencilman77":2tnjni80 said:
Looks amazing so far! I bet that will be amazing to ride

I’ll have to bring her down for a ride in the NF sometime and we can do some bike swapping. I’m in two minds about selling my Cinder Cone now as it’d be great to have a steel and Ti to compare.

Sounds like a good plan! Compare between the two top end Konas of 91!

Be even more weird and compare your 91 Hei Hei with my newly acquired 2016 Hei Hei race! Lol, see what 25 years of progress apparently gets!

Back