RBotM June 2018 - Theme - 1940 to 1959 Nominations now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK this will be unlocked on the understanding that there is no more of these antagonistic posts.
Life is far too short for this type of nonsense so hopefully after a few messages and posts asking for cooperation to help build threads rather than troll them we should be good.
I hope so because it has caused a bit of hassle and taken away from several threads as well as delayed a few things that were planned for RBotM. Hopefully those who have stayed away will come back and we will get a few more entries before the end of the month and get back on track. Posts that are deemed to not fit will be deleted at will as it should be in a democratic dictatorship ;) No more nonsense to be tolerated.

Jamie

:facepalm: Phew!..... cheers Jamie, and there was me thinking I'd wasted a month of evenings.... :(

I wouldn't do that to you :)
I would at least wait until June the 29th before I locked it permanently or deleted it :) or as soon as your post would say 'once I get xyc part tomorrow I'll enter RBotM', then I'd lock it :) :)

OK, from here on in we stay on track and relevant to RBotM.

Jamie

So, in date order we have these gorgeous bikes;

‘46 Hobbs of Barbican :)
‘50 Paris Galibier :)
‘52 Hill Special :)
‘53 Armstrong Moth. :)
'54 Claud Butler Jubilee Special :oops:
‘58 Carlton All Chrome :)

But that’s still only 6 with 3.5 days to go, and I know there are many more beutiful vintage lightweights out there in this forum than that!
Does nobody else want to throw their hat/frame into the ring? Despite some of the recently ruffled feathers its still just for fun…. :D :D :D :D :D :D

The History Man":asc94kcw said:
Ruffled.

Needs more bikes.
bl**dy auto spelling! :facepalm:

1952 Gillott Retro build

A 1952 A S Gillott...

Built by Ron Cooper in 1952. Ron would have been 20 years old and just out of his apprenticship when he built this frame. I bought this frame with a view to "borrowing" the head badge for the red gillot in a previous post. But the frame was in such beautifully restored condition already....

Instead, with the Red 1954 Gillott needing to be taken off the road I decided to build this up with contemporary 21st century components. Afterall it was to be my main ride. It still is - In June alone 500 miles have been placed on this bicycle. :)

I'm not sure if there are any prizes for the longest gap between frame age and component age - The gap here is circa 65 years.

SandDune52Gillot by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

SandDune52Gillot1 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

The full and overly detailed build thread is here from around page 4 iirc.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=372988&start=40

I plan on doing an update on the build in a few weeks; the niggles, what worked well, what didn;t etc. etc. in due course.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• 26_Front.jpg
    26_Front.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 7,537
OK, apologies for the late closure of nominations but have been in Glasgow and had no real access to computer.

As Sand_Dune has entered today the nomination will go in the draw once Sand_Dune decides which one they want in the competition as it is one entry per member. I didn't want to assume it was the '52. Either one is fine, just drop me a message and I will put it into the poll thread when I set it up later tonight.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back