Kona Explosif 1993 SORTED

David_Gledson

Dirt Disciple
Hi, I'm looking for a 93 Explosif, must be original grey to blue/black fade paint.
Frame, all the way up to full bike would be considered.
16" or 18".
Many thanks and fingers crossed, SORTED
David

Re: Kona Explosif 1993

good luck, had a wanted ad up for one for years :LOL:

Now sorted, wahoo! A lead I'd been chasing for ages(through a different forum) has finally paid off.

She's a little rough and will need some work to get her back to former glory but that's going to be the enjoyable bit. Not many original parts left either so some further collecting to do.

Build/progress thread to come.

Best of luck in your search mkone. What size are you after by the way? I'll keep a look out.

:D glad you found one, no really :) :facepalm: :LOL:

I am looking for an 18" but probably being too fussy as im after one with original paint in really good condition. That would be great if you do find another ;)

Looking forward to pics :cool:

mark

Re:

Hi Mark, thanks, yep I'm well chuffed, can't stop staring at her.
She is an 18" but it doesn't sound like it would have fitted your needs, as the paint is, in parts cut up/surface rusted, and there's 4 small dings in top tube. Those are currently being eased out with an ice cube, nearly all gone, think I might get them all, they're responding well. Then I'll look at the rust and some touch ups.

I'll keep an eye out and give you a shout if I spot anything, you never know.

As I total bonus, my one down point of riding old Konas is I always wanted a bigger rear tyre, and guess what, the Explosif has a flared/crimped chainstay arrangement with much more clearance. Awesome!

Re:

Tell us about the ice cube treatment David please. Is it really as simple as it sounds? Every time I look at my bike my eyes go straight to the single dent on the top tube.
Looking forward to pics of your find.

Back