Falcon Pro and Falcon Majorca

Looks like Lloyd’s have produced these before. Might be worth giving them a ring. ( link removed as it was a bit of a distraction from the main thread).

My first racer as a child was an 18" Falcon. I loved that bike but eventually outgrew it. Rode to school on a Falcon too. I have a real soft spot for the brand and it is always good to see pictures of them still in service.

I seem to have amassed a few lakesroadsheep, don't know why, I had mostly Raleigh's and a couple of Puch's as a kid so there's no nostalgia there but I do have a bit of a soft spot for them, I've got 5 currently including the wife's.

Southcoast asked about the tubeset and fork ends on the pro and I've finally got round to checking.

Fork ends are Campagnolo and the tubeset I think is Tange. Its Chrome Molybdenum and the sticker does look very Tange.

Attachments

• DSCF3086.JPG
    DSCF3086.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 603
Re:

Nice to see these quality Falcons. I had a 23" red one in the 80's with Campag ends, same tubing, nice lugs and pro race spec but didn't have a model name. I used it for heavy touring in foreign lands before I got a custom frame built which didn't better it to be honest, but the Falcon had taken some hits on its journeys and at the hands of the baggage handlers.. I wish I had treated it better and had it now.

Back