9 speed stuff - SORTED, THANKS

Re:

Sounds good :) One last question though (not wanting to go all Columbo) are there any limitations for the deore in terms of what shifter unit I need? Thinking maybe cable pull or something? I'm lost once it's more modern than 1997

Re: 9 speed stuff

Front shifting is the only part you need to carefully match. Rears can be mixed and matched almost all the way to ten speed.

*one of these mechs is on my neighbours 7spd Carerra to replace that god awful Tourney thing.

Re:

Thanks. I'm avoiding a front shifter for now as I think it will just confuse her!

Cool though - let me know payment details and the rear mech / cassette would be brilliant, 6thanks.

Just need a shifter unit now! Anyone? (Did you say that you had some Rick?)

Re: Re:

RickTheUncivil":1ojes8zg said:
I'll be in the shed tonight I'll see what I can find.

Awesome thanks - looking for STX / XT shifter ideally - rear mech's are always pricey so was happier to compromise there :) (That's why I always used to run an LX (RD-M567) back in the day :) )

Re:

I’ve got a pair of XT M750 shifters that Work as expected. They are missing the indicator windows though. £10 plus post if you want them.

Re: 9 speed stuff

Sorry both - complete forgot to update the post to say that this is sorted now (apart from my hunt for a purple/silver chain :D) :) Thanks anyway!

Back