NOVEMBER 1ST. Forest of dean ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
heathy":2nmjz4jp said:
Can a local/someone who's ridden there before tell me what the terain is like :?:

Is it gloopy mud/hardpack single track or lots of fire road with bits of single track.

I need to know as i have mud tyes on at the mo ;)

Cheers, see you tomorrow.

Having ridden there a month ago I'd say you won't go too far wrong with any tyres - I used Continental Cross Country 2.0 which were fine and I'll be riding the 1.5 version tomorrow (of course totally inappropriate, but that's what's fitted on the bike I want to ride and I'm too lazy to change them)

Anyone else not very prepared??

Didnt quite expect to be up the hospital this week and fiddling this morning and making things worse not better!! :LOL: :LOL:

I now have a wonky rear V brake and water marks all over what was a lovely autosoled zaskar before the muddy trip out last weekend

Thanks Ed, looks like i will leave the 1.8 mud tyres on then. After All we won't be going that fast now will we.

As long as people promise to wait for the old fat git who's last ride was at the Peaks meet (it's been a bad few weeks!) I will try to make this. Is anyone taking any old tat (Sorry, retro goodness) to trade/sell/give away? I will start by saying this is free to anyone with a pressing need for an early 90s frame and forks:

Attachments

• Unkown#1.jpg
    Unkown#1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,601
Bollocks!!!!!!!

I never cry off anything ever,but there's a first time for everything!
After a long and extremely noisy "conversation" with the wife I have been left with no option but to spend the weekend trying to fix the rising damp.
I am as you can imagine not very impressed,but I do think she has a point when she says that it would have been selfish to bugger off for half the weekend when there is so much to do.
So I apologise for it being last minute but i'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow,but I look forward to seeing all of you that will be attending "The Wobble" as i will be going to that regardless of circumstances.
Cheers Mike

superstrong":1a41gqri said:
chaps

now ive got the bonty up and running will try n make it.

Good to have you on board Geoff, at last someone for me to ride with (but it's a Bontrager not a Bonty please dear boy).

Ok, was briefly a Baker's Dozen but now a good old round dozen - here's the attendee list:

The Guide
Daj
Superstrong
Russell
Heathy
Gump
Slinky182
Mccobie
CAS
Bikehoarder
JV
Me

See you tomorrow at 9.30 a.m. - for those who have not met me before I will be the debonair gentleman with a carnation in his buttonhole and a wistful air. Failing that, look out for a gaggle of geeks and tag along, it may even be us......

just been out to the garage and the P7 fancies a run out, so I should be there tomorrow too, provided not too many beers tonight, burrrp :D

I really couldnt face a beer.

Been out on the largest night of the year for me last night. Only just managed to hold my first food of the day down. Remember kids, 2 4 1 cocktails aren't manly.

Bodes well for tomorrow, really looking forward to the pub stop :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back