An early heads up for the Real Ale Wobble Nov 15/16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ziggy":14gq9c77 said:
I'll still be slow enough - just hopefully in fully suspended luxury & with working brakes! :LOL:

Oh well as long as one of you gets me a pint in for when i get back.

What is the general concenses (spelling) distance wise?

I think there is 3 routes? 12 - 24 or 35 ??

I do believe our party is going for the shorter ... But once going I am sure things will change ;)

12 miles isn't very far! I was kinda expecting the 35? Although if everyone else was going for the 24...

If it's 12 miles, single speed FTW!

Right, time for prevarication is over, clearance has been gained and the entry form is in the post!

From memory last year we did approximately 35 miles but I seem to recall that we were frequently 'off message'. Hopefully this year signs and maps are a little better (or at least our skills in reading said signs and maps).

Bike wise I'll be fully rigid and almost certainly ss (regardless of whether a derailleur is fitted or not) and brake wise I'm thinking cantis should fail to arrest what little speed I generate pretty admirably.

well I was thinking Fuquay geared as I love it - however could be tempted with rigid singlespeed if others are doing the same. Distance? Well, whatever we manage on the day - can usually cut it short if necessary!

:LOL: like I said the "Party" are planning the shorter route ;)

Hopefully you lot will be around to either tag on with if they bail !! :D

one thing occurs to me for anyone considering singlespeed - usually the routes ends with a 7 or so mile ride back down the road to the village, which is mostly gently downhill - it might be a pain to twiddle at high rpm on an SS rig, that's all.

The final 7 miles were no problem last year when I was effectively ss although no idea what ratio I was riding.

SS = The Truth :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back