Nokons?

I have the Nokon Silver cables, and although they work fine, the tin coating on the plastic outers has come off on a good portion. I thought when I first bought them that the segments were aluminium. Not impressed. I wish Ride-On were still making cables. But wait, I found some really good cables last summer at Pedro's Mtn Bike Festival Here's a link to my next set of cables.http://drycables.com/index.html

whats wrong with avid flack jackets? they are my favorite cable system best looks (braided) best performance and much less expensive if you buy from ebay like $20. the system is fully sealed even between the (special) ferrules they dont creak, man now I gotta oil not only the cable but the housing too????? completely and totally lame sorry we need more components that need less maint not more. plus i hate anything that makes noise. for the price and hassle why bother??? these will be gone from the market soon enough, its hard to beat the old school cable systems for price and simplicity. Spend your money on some red anodized cranks or something vintage. just my thoughts.

To be honest just buy clarkes and replace them every year, never been a problem for me, I only put XTR on the Ornage 'cos I was being a bit of a tart! :LOL:

Back