'89 Orange Clockwork

Re: Re:

Alison":c2vm6f1d said:
brocklanders023":c2vm6f1d said:
Just use XT or Deore thumbies with the hidden 8th click and a 8sp block. ;)

I was thinking now of going the DX line, but can you run an 8 speed chain on an MT60 chainset?

Alison

Yes no problem at all they all use the same chain ;) :D

But what about the wheels? Surely an 8spd block is never going to fit on DX wheels.

Alison

Re:

Someone posted on here about using a modified 9 speed cassette on a 7's to make an 8 speed. You would have to use a 9 speed chain but they still work on DX rings.

I think I'm just going to go 7 speed and keep pretty much period correct with DX :)

Alison

Great frame and forks these, have the same in a slighy bigger frame size 19inch. I have mine specced with a white orange stalk stem, plain white bars. Have gone the Dx route with it.
The odd thing was, I was going to sell mine on ebay (had it all setup), had a change of heart, but then thought i had actually but it up for sale by accident when i saw yours on ebay, totally confused me for abit :)

Cheshire1980":a29k8x9n said:
Great frame and forks these, have the same in a slighy bigger frame size 19inch. I have mine specced with a white orange stalk stem, plain white bars. Have gone the Dx route with it.
The odd thing was, I was going to sell mine on ebay (had it all setup), had a change of heart, but then thought i had actually but it up for sale by accident when i saw yours on ebay, totally confused me for abit :)

I'd love to see a picture of yours :)

Alison

Yes will put some pics up when i get back from honeymoon:)
Will see if i got any spare orange stuff for you if you want.

Cheshire1980":3ncj6w9i said:
Yes will put some pics up when i get back from honeymoon:)
Will see if i got any spare orange stuff for you if you want.

I'll look forward to seeing it :) congratulations on getting married :)

If you have any Orange parts I would be interested

Alison

Back