Ronald the Crime Scene Kona - 89 Cinder Cone Felony.

Re:

After an excellent sunday lunch and a nap, I woke to find myself cheering Mexico while attending to the Kona. They bombed our chip shop.

It was always going to look worse before better as the kurust converts the corroded areas to a blue/black.

I had a little play on the steerer to see how the humbrol would look. Definitely has potential to hide a few battle scars. Obviously one colour at a time on the rest.

More anon.

Thinking of saddle bag and mudguards.............

Don't worry, roadie joke.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2e4.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2e4.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 646
  • fullsizeoutput_2e6.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2e6.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 646
  • fullsizeoutput_2e5.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2e5.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 646
Re: Re:

The History Man":2i22lm06 said:
After an excellent sunday lunch and a nap, I woke to find myself cheering Mexico while attending to the Kona. They bombed our chip shop.

It was always going to look worse before better as the kurust converts the corroded areas to a blue/black.

I had a little play on the steerer to see how the humbrol would look. Definitely has potential to hide a few battle scars. Obviously one colour at a time on the rest.

More anon.

Thinking of saddle bag and mudguards.............

Don't worry, roadie joke.

Just the job......... ;)

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 625
Re: 89 Kona Cinder Cone Splatter and Rust

I wonder if anybody has an original crud rear and if it would work with a U brake?

Re:

Today is a yellow day. Tried overpainting then air blowing through a straw then flicking a paint brush. By the end I’d got completely carried away.

Well it’s more yellow than it was.

No pictures. Too timid to share :LOL:

Re: Re:

The History Man":vff2isx9 said:
Today is a yellow day. Tried overpainting then air blowing through a straw then flicking a paint brush. By the end I’d got completely carried away.

Well it’s more yellow than it was.

No pictures. Too timid to share :LOL:

Oh come on, where’s the fun in that?

Re: 89 Kona Cinder Cone Splatter and Rust

Superb! I wondered why it was taking you so long! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back