9 speed stuff - SORTED, THANKS

petitpal

Retrobike Rider
GT Fan
Feedback
View
So building a bike for my daughter, and going to put a 9 speed on the back. So I'm after a nice 9 speed rear derailleur, cassette and separate shifter unit. For pref I'd like a min of STX (or equiv SRAM) but I'm also on a budget (aren't we all) - so although I'm being as picky as I can be (it's for my girl after all!) - I do know there are limits!

What you got? :)

Cheerio and thanks,
Paul.

Re: 9 speed stuff

wheres your line on aesthetics? Can get better worn kit or like new basic kit for similar money.

Shifter and mech shouldn't be a problem, loads of spare cassettes too (most are 8 speed but there are a few 9's in there last time I checked). If you are happy with the lived-in look it widens the options a bit.

Cheers

Re:

Hmmm - trying to get a nice balance. It's her first 26" wheel bike so I don't want tatty and also trying to get the best I can get for a budget. Managed to get a nice aet of XT V's in near nos for 28 quid (both ends) on here and a v. nice black XT hollowtech crank and BB on ebay for 30 quid (with stripped drive side pedal thread - but fixed that easily enough). So something in the STX or LX range - partly because of the black. Theme of the build is primarily satin black with purple anno... if that helps :D

I recently bought a brand new shimano altus M2000 rear mech and matching shifter from my LBS, I can't remember exactly but they were no more than 30 quid for both. might be worth looking at? depends what your budget is I imagine.

Black deore mech! Black!

Cassette is silver though

<pouts lip shuffles feet>

It wasn't gonna be a lot of money either...

file.php

Back