TheBear's RC200F8 2004 build thread (now with frame pics)

So my three options for new forks are as follows:

Circa 2003 RC38 LT, uncut steerer (non-replaceable), remote lock-out; reduced to 80mm travel (pretty much same age as frame)

2001 RC36 Evo III's, spring conversion fitted, uncut replaceable bolt-in steerer type crown.

2007 RC39 C-type 100mm (reduced to 80mm travel) forks with new uncut steerer (non-replaceable steerer)

Price-wise, each are a lot less than a set of new forks from Pace and even cheaper than just a new crown/steerer/stanchion combo (from Pace) for the RC39XC's I currently have.

Thoughts chaps ? :?:

Replacement front forks now sourced thanks to Tim (justbackdated on here) and build progressing; set of fully-serviced 100mm RC39's with new decals up for sale :D

Nearing completion now, will be collecting on my return from working away for three weeks, just one last issue to fix. Turns out forgot that my Easton carbon riser bars won't fit through the Pace RC45 stem due to the one piece bar-clamps so now on the hunt for an RC46 or something similar. Currently have a temporary set of flat bars fitted but this isn't going to cut it long-term.

UPDATE, RC200 now home following completion, pics to follow........still looking for an RC46 stem to complete the front-end.....or set of mint uncut RC130 bars.

Found a stem of suitable length and style with a 2-piece bar-clamp to allow me to fit my carbon riser bars. It's not quite an RC46 but it will do for the moment.

RickTheUncivil":3llhwnux said:
is that it done then?

Yep but didn't get a chance to get the stem and bar swap done before I left for trip away with work so will need to wait another 3.5 weeks to get that done.

For some reason the Syncros Cattlehead stem I sourced for my Cannondale rebuild doesn't fit my RC36 forks on the Cannondale despite it being a 1 1/8" stem going on a 1 1/8" steerer and inside a 1 1/8" headset, yet builder managed to fit a much newer 1 1/8" stem on it which doesn't suit the build at all, so have sourced another period 2 1 1/8" Easton stem in the hope that fits.

Happy days, just secured the last retro part to complete a full British build (except for mechs/rear-sprocket/tyres) on this :D

Pics in next few weeks once back from work and the part is refinished :cool:

Now finished, best way of putting up pics on here please? The forum uploader isn't working for me.

Change of circumstances mean this may sadly be for sale soon.

Back