1954 Claud Butler Jubilee Special #5412 8509

T– minus (RBotM June) 18 days & counting

Morning all,
No pictures today, as nothing else is finished yet. GB 1940’s brake levers have been striped down and are being cleaned/polished, and I’m waiting for some new spokes to arrive (post office holiday supply person tried to deliver them to my work address on the weekend, couldn’t, so they got sent back!)
I should have something shiny to show tomorrow, in the meantime, if anyone wants to offer up any messages of support (or derision) please feel free! :LOL:

I know how disappointed you all would be, not to have a picture... :p so I had a quick go on the polishing mop during morning brew.... the main body of these old GB levers has come up rather nice, the pictures don't do them justice.
I was tempted to go through the grades and totally shine them up, but I think the patina might make a nice contrast to the shiny bars and the (yet to be finished) shiny levers.

Attachments

• GBparts.jpeg
    GBparts.jpeg
    174.6 KB · Views: 617
FANTASTIC NEWS!

The Donald has been on from Bob Jacksons..... and the frame will be ready for collection Thursday morning!

This might just happen! :shock:

Re: Re:

LongLegsRetro":okm6w1ey said:
Really liking how this is progressing.

Cheers LongLegsRetro, I'm off to the shed to clean up a pair of Fiamme rims... :cool:

Dirty rims + dirty mind = THM :facepalm:

T– minus (RBotM June) 17 days & counting

Sorry, no posting yesterday, I got distracted with this; :shock:

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 569
T– minus (RBotM June) 16 days & counting

Here is a teaser from my little trip to see The Donald at Bob Jacksons;

Attachments

• 1954 Jubilee.jpeg
    1954 Jubilee.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 563
Re: American help required - stars & stripes Claud Butler

You cloud try a bit of diluted bleach in a discrete location?

Back