NOVEMBER 1ST. Forest of dean ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, to be clear for me, cos I prolly missed something, can you please post meeting time, place (with map! so no mix up - in case there are two car parks very clsoe together, with people waiting in each, that would be silly ;) ) and plan for day, ie ride/lunch/ride etc so I can inform the boss on my eta.

May be best to edit original post.

Thanks!

Ok, meeting time is 9.30 a.m. at the Pedalabikeaway Centre

I undertstand it to be one large loop with stopping of at pub for lunch, a couple of times during the day for people needing to leave early bailing points near carpark.

ride estimate 10:00 to 16:00 ?? then pint after :D

( http://www.zen95975.zen.co.uk/findus.html ).

Attachments

• mapan.gif
    mapan.gif
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,301
  • roadmap2008.jpg
    roadmap2008.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,301
Cool

Really looking forward to saturday,what sort of riding are we doing in relation to fitness? I can do the technical stuff but if we are going to be doing a lot of 'going up' i'm going to be a long way behind by lunchtime!
Put my mind at rest someone,tell me i'm going to enjoy myself and not need a heart and lung transplant by 11.30!
Yes I know it's called mountain biking and as such I should expect to go 'up mountains' but I much prefer the going down to the going up.
Cheers mike

Sounds like we may all have our insecurities around this ride! I'm really a roadie, persuaded into this by Ed so"Technical" on a mountain bike scares me rather - staying upright for the most part is a primary objective and I find going downhill more alarming than climbing!

In honour of the occasion, Ed rebuilt my bike for me last weekend, so the Rockhopper (and it's keeper) are looking forward to meeting you all!

Cheers

Carol

I think i'm going to have to pull out i'm afraid. I'll try and make it to the next one but i've just got way too much on at moment with work and the family. Gutted to be missing as the single track looks awesome and I was thinking of riding the Raleigh too. Best wishes to you all and have a great days riding.

I'll be bailing at the lunch stop as I've been told I have to take my wife to a fireworks display in the evening.

Mike, no transplant required, these rides tend to be more about fixing 20yr old bikes when they explode rather than racing to the top of the hill :)

Fantastic!

Great i'll bring me spanners!
On a more serious note i've just discovered that I have penetrating damp in the lounge,i was gonna bail and fix the damp but I need cheering up so I thought sod it i'm going for a ride.
Anybody going near Worcester on the way on saturday as I need to pick some parts up from Sheepdiesese? If you are and don't mind popping in and picking them up for me I would be hugely greatful ie there's a pint in it for you!
Pm me if you can help.Ta

Another body for Saturday...

Hi all,

I reckon I should make this one (unless it rains), so I hope to meet you all on saturday.

Andrew

PS I walk up hills so I can go down the other side FAST!

Nice one Andrew!! :D

Even if it does rain you will be fine with the tyres ;)

Im enjoying this talk of walking up hills ... makes me sweat less thinking about the big day :D

Can a local/someone who's ridden there before tell me what the terain is like :?:

Is it gloopy mud/hardpack single track or lots of fire road with bits of single track.

I need to know as i have mud tyes on at the mo ;)

Cheers, see you tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back