Bearings

Radar

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Following on from the RC50 hub thread. Bearings. Help me get my bearings (other intentional puns allowed)... :LOL:

As with all things you get what you pay for... so £8 on BETD, 85p upwards on fleabay. Which will last and last and last? Any real noticeable difference?

(Anyone know of a source of SKF singularly?)

Betd do good products , but very expensive .

had to pay £12 for a frame saver bolt . I dont know how they can justify £4 postage for a bolt ??

but it did save my frame , so cant complain too much .

I got my Hope hub bearings from here over the counter, helps that I live in Derby so just popped in...

http://www.derbybearings.co.uk/

Not sure if they'll have what you want but it cost me £5 for a pair of 6001DU Toyo sealed cartridge bearings. Most bargainous :cool:

I'm getting some sample 6002 2rs and 6003 2rs bearing though which use ceramic bearings for use in some automotive applications. I'll see if I can get some 6001's sent though to see how they fair in the UK mud. SKF, FAG and IKO are the only brands of bearings we now use as they are the only ones that last any amount of time.

'city seals and bearings in sheffield' ,they sell everything in every size and cheap

not sure if they mail order, more a trade counter place, but i can call in if anyone wants somehting desperately.

any excuse for a quick ride..

Back