Frame saver / rust protection

unofficial

Dirt Disciple
I have found some forums about this but not too many definitive answers but in the US there seems to be many alternatives of aerosol frame protection products but are there any to be had in the EU? Not too keen on slipping around with linseed oil... but have a fair amount of steel that gets subject to nasty weather

New steel tubing it would work, but chances are theres already a coat of rust on the inside of every tube.
I believe they dip them in a cleaning solution before painting, which would mean the inside is also clean and oil/coating free. British climate I reckon that would start rusting before it had left the factory just due to moisture content in the air.
Possibly look to put in a solution that can work to arrest the rust thats there. :?

Obviously I wouldnt think we're talking great lumps of flaky rust, more like a simple brown coating :?

Just a thought.

Re:

Dynax S50 ...

.Class-leading long-term protection for cavities, voids, chassis, doors, mud traps machinery, boats etc
.Resistant to changing conditions found in cavities, others are not
.Self-healing, protects even if film is cut, clings to vertical surfaces and displaces moisture
.Kills existing corrosion, provides Lubrication
.Deeply penetrates flanges and folded seams, see-through coating with brown tint

Re:

I used boiled linseed oil. It's a bit old skool - but worked. They used to use it in planes.

Smells like chip fat until it dries... then no more smell.

I guess it's the environmentally friendly option.

Back