Specialized Hardrock - no idea what this fitting is for!

petitpal

Retrobike Rider
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Just bought a Hardrock frame from eBay, as something to restore and build up with my daughter over the summer (which was nicely chucked over the 6' garden wall by myHermes today) - she's 13 and it's her first 26" wheeler, so exciting times. I was a bit disappointed at the weight of it (frame + forks) until I stripped the low market bits off, at which point it feels really light - so I'm happier now.

I noticed this (see pics) on the non-drive side and I have no idea what it's for (outside of guessing some kind of disk adaptor mount?) Can anyone enlighten me?

Anyway - back to hunting down nice parts, places to blast the frame, and so on... :)

Attachments

• 20180516_162217.jpg
    20180516_162217.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 852
  • 20180516_162227.jpg
    20180516_162227.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 852
Re:

Aaaaah - that would explain why I didn't recognise it. My Zaskar doesn't have one of them :D Cheers :)

Re: Specialized Hardrock ? - no idea what this fitting is for!

are you sure its a hardrock?

Mind you who would want to pretend they had a hardrock!

I've got 2 - a steel one from 1997 and ally one from 2008 and niether look like that!

Re: Specialized Hardrock ? - no idea what this fitting is for!

fotorat1":2afi8owy said:
are you sure its a hardrock?

Mind you who would want to pretend they had a hardrock!

I've got 2 - a steel one from 1997 and ally one from 2008 and niether look like that!

It's got proper hardrock decals and so on - under quite a lot of lacquer. Would seem like a lot of effort to go to to pretend it was a fairly low end model, like you say. :D I think this is a relatively recent frame though (about 2013?) and a v. small size - for my daughter. So maybe it's the largest in the kid's sizes?

Yep that's the same colour scheme as my 2004 Hardrock. Different frame design though. It's been a really good bike especially considering how cheap it was new

It's a slightly different colour now... satin black :) Interesting pointer on the year though thanks:)

Back