1989 Stumpjumper Comp - Rescue to Restomod...

G60MAT

Retro Guru
Recently picked up this very tired '89 Stumpjumper Comp locally, paint is pretty rough but bike came complete and with a few historic upgrades....

DSC05151 by Matt Trimsport, on Flickr

DSC05153 by Matt Trimsport, on Flickr

DSC05154 by Matt Trimsport, on Flickr

DSC05152 by Matt Trimsport, on Flickr

DSC05155 by Matt Trimsport, on Flickr

DSC05156 by Matt Trimsport, on Flickr

DSC05157 by Matt Trimsport, on Flickr

DSC05158 by Matt Trimsport, on Flickr

DSC05159 by Matt Trimsport, on Flickr

DSC05160 by Matt Trimsport, on Flickr

DSC05162 by Matt Trimsport, on Flickr

DSC05163 by Matt Trimsport, on Flickr

DSC05164 by Matt Trimsport, on Flickr

DSC05161 by Matt Trimsport, on Flickr

DSC05167 by Matt Trimsport, on Flickr

DSC05168 by Matt Trimsport, on Flickr

DSC05169 by Matt Trimsport, on Flickr

DSC05170 by Matt Trimsport, on Flickr

DSC05171 by Matt Trimsport, on Flickr

Front end had been changed at some point in its life, fork is not original Specialized but I have a spare one and front rim is wrong. I usually like to keep original paint, but this ones too far gone so a candidate for a full strip down and re-paint. Under the grime most of the parts are in decent shape.

The white one wasn't shown in the '89 brochure but believe original spec was as per link...
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... 3.jpg.html

Spoken to Retro Decals already and they can do a new set of decals, so full strip down soon!

Re:

Looks like a great basis for a project.. are you planning to change the flexstem as well as the forks? It's quite a cool retro stem but theyre not for everyone!

Re: Re:

randomdan":g3abkswg said:
Looks like a great basis for a project.. are you planning to change the flexstem as well as the forks? It's quite a cool retro stem but theyre not for everyone!

Thanks, yeah full strip down, gather a few parts etc, the flexstem will not be staying - i'm not a fan! Will go back to a regular quill stem.

Re:

Hi!
One question : which diameter has the zoom seatpost and if 26.8 would you sell it?
Thanks for your efforts, cheers Christoph

Re: Re:

stoppi_71":2baz95ho said:
Hi!
One question : which diameter has the zoom seatpost and if 26.8 would you sell it?
Thanks for your efforts, cheers Christoph

Can't remember the diameter, but i'm keeping it for the build, I have the matching bars and stem now! ;)

Back