Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

Went for a road ride over the Cleish Hills today since it might be the last for next few weeks after my cockcutaff op, er I mean cataract op tomorrow. Nearly forgot to stop to take pics, jist these worth looking at though.

First my "new" road bike that I recently finished putting together, a Reynolds 531c lugged steel frame.

Looking down towards Loch Leven with the Lomonds beyond.

Looking good guys!
OCP, looks a ride out as nice the bike looks great, weather seems to match as well. It's also good to see you cross over from the dark side ;)

jackosbournesnr, looking a great ride. Enjoy and soak it in.

Jamie

Went for a wee road ride. Intended to be a cruise, sitting up enjoying the view on the 3 speed Pompino.

As Jamie knows I have an aversion to tarmac, so I ended up here.

(Erchless to Orrin dam track, part of HT550 route. Pic is looking back down the way I came and the wee loch in the far distance is Lochan Fada).

Jamie, fancy another of my "road" rides next time you're down? :)

Re:

Thanks Jamie, but I've already sampled the dark side though. A couple of years ago I rebuilt an '80s Claud Butler Majestic for my wife that she had been given by her brother-in-law when he upgraded to a modern carbon bike. She also has the matching mixte ladies Majestique that had belonged to her sister but it's in bits in attic.
In August '16 I bought a Cannondale R3000si off ebay then upgraditus took over. Changed everything on bike apart from headset and bars, brifters. Having always liked lugged steel frames I got a Reynolds 531Competition frame/forks off ebay earlier this year which I built up with a mostly, various Ultegra groupset, wheels included but with a Campag headset which was already on frame. The 531 forks didnae stay on frame, got a Kinesis 6061 aluminium fork off ebay for no other reason than it's shiney, I think. :oops:
The name on frame, Briton Racing Bikes, is a puzzle, can only find one other reference online about the name and it is asking for same info but no response.
Anyway it rides so much more comfortably than the Cannondale, much less harsh on crappy roads.

Brian, that's no an aversion neebs, it's a phobia........ :cool:

Out for a ride along the coast again today.
Rode out yesterday to meet fellow retrobiker Ken (jackosbournesnr) finish his end to end ride but was on my Trucker and it was wall to wall fog and gloom. Felt bad for him after the glorious weather we have had. Thankfully the glorious weather was back today and he managed to get back up to Dunnet Head and get the views he missed yesterday.
This afternoon I took the Jack Taylor out for a leisurely roll along the coast just checking for fit etc as I have a couple of ongoing projects and need to finish one or the other properly. So just looking for inspiration really.
It's really just cobbled together with parts from my Mercian and spares box, but they tend to work together Ok. The cables look quite short due to lifting the bars and cables straight off the Mercian, but they work with the Mafac Racers no problem at all.
Even with the parts I put on it not being what I will final build it with, it rides and handles beautifully. Really just forgot about trying to see how it fit and just really enjoyed the ride.
Hope the weather was good to everyone else.

Jamie

DSCN4837 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN4840 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN4847 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN4844 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

At an almost tropical 26 degrees in Lewis today, I decided to take myself off out for a few hours.

And what a cracking day.... clear blue skies, a light breeze and views as far as the eye could see :cool:

Attachments

• sheepinlewis.jpg
    sheepinlewis.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 347
Back