And today I did......

Re:

I know a guy who has a bike shop in Kilbirnie. He hires out ebikes and they seem to be popular. He rides them himself and rates them.
Not for me at the moment but maybe when I need a bit of assistance in my old age. For me cycling is about keeping a wee bit fit as well as enjoying the ride.

Re:

"Every day's a school day"
Was out on the Litespeed today doing my usual mid week loop and I started using the technique "pumping the forks" it made progress swifter and smoother, I'm a slow learner.
Cut the ride short due to creaking from somewhere it was sounding like OCP getting up after a fall :mrgreen:

Re:

Evenin peeps :D

Out on the Saracen this evening for brisk 20 miler predominantly on road over to Montrose and back - first time on a bike for yonks it seems. Nice sunset over the hills too. Enjoyed every minute :D :D :D

Re:

Midweek skive down to Pitmedden. Running really well overall but a few random mud holes still to dry out.
Felling work started again getting worryingly close to the Heart of Darkness trails. Trails seems to have been marked out in spray paint, so hoping it might be spared. Some machine tracks crossing the trails but because it's been dry they're not too deep. A bit of felling debris on the trails to be careful of as well.

On the plus side, I'm feeling fresher after a week off the bike. Was pretty spent after four days in a row last weekend, but time off seems to have done me good. Also the Dunkeld ride last week seems to have recalibrated my brain and I conquered a few sections that have been plaguing me for a while. Still not mad enough to drop into Loam Lover 2. It's got even more rutted and cut up than it was when I crashed on it last time.

If you love Pitmedden then get up and enjoy it before the old favourites are lost for good.

Re:

Been sampling some different trails this week, down near Merseyside with work so have been getting out in the evenings. Llandegla yesterday was pretty Good, all well maintained purpose built trails but enough variety and difficulty to keep things interesting though. Out to Rivington Pike near Chorley today, more natural kind of trails which was fun, some fekkin rocky descents though! Had me wishing I had a full-bounce bike again.

Re:

Aaaaagh!!!!! :x
I've just spent the last 45 frustrating minutes installing a B/B not removing the old one first as I did that a few days ago.
I was using genuine Shimano parts and the proper tools, anything I could do wrong I did :facepalm:
I've probably fitted 100's of B/B's with no problems.

Re: Re:

RobMac":3u7g1ph7 said:
I've just spent the last 45 frustrating minutes installing a B/B not removing the old one first as I did that a few days ago.

So you did the same as a few days ago, installed a new BB while the old one was still in there? :facepalm:

:mrgreen:

I had one of those "Aw FFS" moments last week. Was getting a Cannondale F700 I had ready to ride for my daughter's boyfriend. Connected up the front mech to Deore shifter which had both been working OK before I connected them together. Mech refused to move from small ring to the middle/outer ring. Disconnected the cable and checked both components 3 times before taking cover off shifter to check it was OK, nowt. Then put it all back together before the :facepalm: "Aw FFS" moment. I'd put a top pull mech on when the frame needs a bottom pull. :oops:

Yer right Jamie, a senior moment, only I've been having them since I were a lad. :mrgreen:

Back