Your views, please

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1aja8y3i said:
al-onestare":1aja8y3i said:
Mike Muz 67":1aja8y3i said:
Evidently yes

Explain the irony of posting information about a ride outside the south-east, on a thread discussing the challenges of low / non-attendance at south-east rides?

:LOL: :roll:

I like how there's a chance that one or two of us may even attend it since many of us travel up and down the country. Now that really would be ironic.

With your 'whats in it for me' attitude, I get the impression you wouldn't travel further than the end of your own road to join a ride. Maybe.
You've only ever attended one event to my knowledge, Mountain Mayhem a few years ago, and had a long rant criticising that, so you seem only interested in building bikes to look at them.
With the organising that went into that, what chance do the rest of us have in attracting you to come to a free ride with a route that's been worked out, along with cafés, pub stops etc?
But if that's what flicks your switch, so be it.

Just an observation, nothing personal

Mike

Nothing personal, but the post is about me. :? That's like starting a post with "no offence but..." :LOL:

I travel regularly to Swinley or Bedgebury, you know where those are and where I am.

You also know the challenges and time it takes to get to the rides and my motivations to support them. You also know I've planned to come to at least 4 of your rides. And if you did a quick search on this sub-forum you'll see I've been to (and even called it out on this thread) a few of PurleySquire's London suburban rides and one we did at Swinley a few years back.

Have you looked at my build thread for my current stable? You'll see none of them are garage queens (the Hot won't be when it's done) :LOL:

You asked for feedback and you got a lot of constructive input, so win-win right? For what it's worth, when the planets align, I'll get down to your neck of the woods for a ride. Which you also know.

Finally, Mayhem was a one-off, and I stand by feedback. As a first-timer there were certain elements that would improved the experience although none would have improved the track conditions thanks to mother nature!

Re:

My two pence worth:

Time. I don't have a lot of it at the moment. If I ride I generally get up really early (just after dawn) and go out on the road bike for a few hours.

Other commitments. I have lots of them!

I've just not been 'in' to mountain biking for a while. Party because of everything being wet around here and really gritty - it took a long time to get the retro bikes I have now I don't want to destroy paint / drive trains / rims. I could fix my modern mtb and ride that though :oops:

So in summary.... I will make more of an effort to attend, but I'd ride more if they were nearer to me :LOL: If folk would like to ride in my area (around Woking) I can stitch together a few routes - on or off road.

**EDIT**

After writing the post ^^ this morning I realised I'd not actually ridden a retro mtb since the Gates ride in July 2017! As such I've just had a quick spin (when I wasn't puffing or hanging on for dear life) around Swinley Forest on my Hei Hei… I did have fun, but I certainly need to brush up on my skills :LOL: Good job the HH has a decent set of forks and is forgiving of crappy riding ;)

SP

Re: Re:

Splatter Paint":mgudc6vv said:
My two pence worth:

Time. I don't have a lot of it at the moment. If I ride I generally get up really early (just after dawn) and go out on the road bike for a few hours.

Other commitments. I have lots of them!

I've just not been 'in' to mountain biking for a while. Party because of everything being wet around here and really gritty - it took a long time to get the retro bikes I have now I don't want to destroy paint / drive trains / rims. I could fix my modern mtb and ride that though :oops:

So in summary.... I will make more of an effort to attend, but I'd ride more if they were nearer to me :LOL: If folk would like to ride in my area (around Woking) I can stitch together a few routes - on or off road.

**EDIT**

After writing the post ^^ this morning I realised I'd not actually ridden a retro mtb since the Gates ride in July 2017! As such I've just had a quick spin (when I wasn't puffing or hanging on for dear life) around Swinley Forest on my Hei Hei… I did have fun, but I certainly need to brush up on my skills :LOL: Good job the HH has a decent set of forks and is forgiving of crappy riding ;)

SP

Not sure you'd have to brush up on skills that much, you seemed pretty handy on the Saracen e-stay at QE Country Park in August!

I'd happily go for a Woking ride if you did one.

Back