Treasure Trove

Rich

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Hi Gang,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!!! Karen (my wife) and I are emmigrating to New Zealand on the 15th Jan and I popped down to my folks before Chrimbo to sort out the last of my junk in their attic. Well, happy days because I found an old box of MBUK's and Mountain Biker Issues all 1989 and 1990 issues, talk about trip down memory lane!!!

Once I settle in NZ and get a scanner, I'll pop a few of the better articles on here...

Cheers guys, speak soon

Rich

Good find...some of the stuff in those old mags is great.

Good luck with the move to NZ as well, where are you moving to?

We're off to Wellington on the 15th Jan!!!!! :shock:

Bike is off on the 6th so will not be riding it for a good 12 weekes...hope it's alright on the journey :?

Rich

NZ trails

Rich , hey good luck with the move mate.

Have just returned from the fabled land :cool: , I'm sure you already know lots about the place...but when you've got time get over the water to Picton and go ride the Queen Charlotte Track :D ! It's quite stunning (with nice wine & seafood to hand as an added bonus ;) )

tangent,

good trip then ? Sounds awesome :D

Rich,

no bike for 12 weeks! Surely a good excuse to buy a new one :D

Tangent,

You wouldn't believe me if I told you we've never been before and have no relatives out there!! :shock:

Hehe, just got the feeling that it's the right thing to do, no kids apart from our two little furry boys and we're both 30 so if we don't do it now we'll never do it! We'll be in the Wellington region, so a ride over the South Islands sounds a must. My wife has also promised that she'll start MTBing when we get there so I figure she have to ride a retro bike to get the essance of biking ;)

Rutty >> Karen would absolutely kill me if I bought another bike! :oops:

Cheers guys

Rich

Back